The schedule for this position is Monday- Friday 9-5 pm.
SUMMARY: Provides professional nursing care and services to agency’s clients according to Physician’s orders, nursing standards of practice and the agency’s policy and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides diagnostic evaluation to client and referrals for additional services (e.g. medical/social/legal) as appropriate.
- Provides clients with health and medication information.
- Provides clients with blood pressure screening.
- Makes home visits to clients for the purpose of diagnostic evaluation and referral for further medical/social/legal services as needed.
- Provides consultation to clients via phone or virtual platform if available.
- Participates in periodic reassessment of clients’ health needs and circumstances; collaborates with the program’s multi-disciplinary team as appropriate.
- Helps to coordinate clients medical care by working with hospitals, clinics and other community agencies as appropriate.
- Participates in program outreach, program planning, conferences and meetings.
- Presents trainings on health related topics to clients and to staff.
- Represents and the program at community conferences and meetings.
- Completes required nursing records, reports and statistics.
- Performs other job related functions as assigned.
- Current license and registration to practice as a Registered Nurse in NYS.
- Must be computer literate, including ability to learn and use program-specific software.
- Experience with older adults preferred.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule in the event of an emergency which may include nights and weekends.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and concisely (both in writing and orally)
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to solve problems, prioritize work, and work independently
- Ability to travel to visit clients and other partners
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSES OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment