171 Grove St
City Green is seeking a full time Seasonal Landscape Crew Leader who will be responsible for managing and executing landscape and garden projects at City Green locations and partner sites, including schools and community centers. Properties are located in the Clifton and Paterson, New Jersey area. The Landscape Crew Leader will directly report to the Director of Horticulture.
· Manage and execute the installation and care of school and community gardens including building raised garden beds, installing a variety of garden elements, and planting pollinator gardens
· Manage general school and community garden project repair and maintenance
· General property maintenance, lawn care, leaf and debris removal
· General garden maintenance including weeding, planting, pruning, watering, mulching, amending soil and applying organic fertilizer
· Support property preparation in advance of City Green events, programs and festivals
· Light carpentry skills, ability to use cordless drill, skillsaw and other basic tools
· Ability to safely use a lawn mower, power weed trimmer, handheld leaf blower and other general garden maintenance tools
· Must be able to work outside everyday in variable weather conditions at a productive pace;
· Must be able to complete tasks efficiently with safety and quality being top priorities.
· Must be able to lift and carry the equivalent of a 40lb. bag of garden soil, feed, etc.
· Must be enthusiastic about the job and willing to help with other garden and landscape duties when necessary.
· Ability to work independentaly and as part of a team
· Excellent time management skills
· Previous landscape and/or gardening experience preferred
· Valid NJ driver’s license with a clean driving record is required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com