121 Steuart Street
ORGANIZATIONAL VISION, MISSION, AND FUNCTION:
The Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund (the Federation) of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties is a philanthropic catalyst, connecting Bay Area Jews – of all ages, backgrounds, and perspectives – to the power we have as a community to improve the world. We partner with donors, organizations, and foundations to address the pressing issues facing our community, and develop innovative strategies that result in deep and lasting impact.
Our vision is a vibrant, connected, and enduring Jewish community that is a force for good locally, in Israel, and around the world. Our work is guided by the timeless Jewish values of kehilla (community), tzedakah (giving with just intention), and tikkun olam (repairing the world).
The Federation is looking for highly motivated and qualified individuals with a variety of skill sets who want to join a team working to build a new model of 21st century and next generation Federation engagement. We are especially interested in candidates who are committed to excellence, forward-thinking, open-minded, willing to take risks, and model a positive attitude that inspires confidence.
The Development Associate is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Director of Campaign Operations. This position will be responsible for ensuring efficient and effective operations and database management, participating in Development events and activities, and assisting with event logistics.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Act as the liaison and connection point between Major Gifts solicitors (professional and volunteer) and the internal Federation team to resolve issues quickly and maximize service to donors and volunteers
- Manage the donor acknowledgement letter and billing statement process for all gifts to the Annual Campaign
- Provide support for all development activities
- Provide support for the departmental use of Raiser’s Edge database, including production of pledge cards, various reports, and maintaining data accuracy, etc.
- Participate directly in direct solicitation efforts, primarily by phone, direct mail, and email
- Manage calls to the Campaign and Events lines and answer Campaign and Events e-mails, helping donors find answers about their account balances, subscriptions, opt outs, etc.
- Assist with event logistics, including vendor research and selection, venue set up, guest services, and onsite operations; manage development event registration page set up
- Coordinate event invitation lists and registration reports from RE and Excel
- Collaborate with Marketing department on event communications
- Assist with corporate sponsorship and individual underwriting for events including solicitation, benefits, and acknowledgment
- Participate in post-event actions
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years of development/fundraising or related experience
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player with the capacity to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and across departments
- Flexibility, including willingness to work with a variety of staff members, maintain flexible hours and travel between regions as needed
- Event or customer service experience a plus
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and Raiser’s Edge
- Working knowledge of the Jewish community and tradition; passion for the Federation mission
For additional information on the opportunity, please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter. All applications and inquiries will receive a response and will be kept strictly confidential.
A Great Location
We’re located in San Francisco's financial district (unless otherwise stated), with close proximity to public transportation, great restaurants, shopping, food trucks, and theater. Plus, we’re right across the street from the Ferry Building, which is acclaimed for the quality and diversity of its fresh farm products and artisanal foods.
We provide employer-sponsored medical, vision and dental coverage, company-paid life insurance, 403(b) retirement plans with employer contribution, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, and tax-free deductions for transportation and parking.
Compensation & Time Off
We offer competitive pay and provide up to four weeks of vacation, as well as sick pay, flexible work schedules, federal and Jewish holidays off, and a paid sabbatical.
Our Work Environment
We have an inclusive, collaborative, open culture that values people as our greatest asset – that’s why we encourage growth and professional development. We have staff and peer recognition programs and provide ergonomic assessments and accommodations. There is lots of space for your bike, we know how to throw an awesome holiday party, and, when the sun is out, we have amazing rooftop BBQs with a view that spans the entire Embarcadero. We also enjoy a healthy dose of competition when it comes to baking cook-offs and, yes, we even share those recipes.
Minimum Education Required