15 Waterloo Avenue
B Lab’s vision is that one day all companies will compete to be the best for the world, creating a shared and durable prosperity for all. B Lab drives this systemic change by: 1) building a global community of Certified B Corporations who meet the highest standards of verified, overall social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose; 2) promoting meaningful engagement with the B Economy through use of Benefit Corporation Governance to align the interests of business with those of society and to help high impact businesses scale with integrity, and Impact Management tools that help businesses, investors, and institutions improve their ability to use business as a force for good.
For you, success in business is about more than profit. You have a vision for a world in which business positively impacts society, community, and environment. You actually love audits and responsible reconciliation. You’re adept at providing quality financial reports to inform business decisions and enjoy doing it.
We have what you’re looking for. We’re B Lab, and we’re searching for you: our new Senior Associate - Accounting!
Who are we?
Business can be a force for good. B Lab is at the center of the movement to redefine success in business so that all companies compete not only to be the best in the world, but the best for the world.
Leading social enterprises like Patagonia, Laureate, Ben & Jerry’s, Athleta and Danone North America (as well as New York companies like Bombas, Casper and Amalgamated Bank) are Certified B Corps, which is a designation B Lab created to measure and certify that businesses are making a positive impact across all their stakeholders.
The Senior Associate: Accounting will lead the B Lab team in the key functional areas of vendor relationships, expense & billing management. The Senior Associate is responsible to support the Finance, Facilities, and Operations team in ensuring B Lab financial health. This position will be required to analyze and present financial reports in timely and accurate manner, clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements and compile financial reporting materials when needed.
Core Job Functions:
Functional accountabilities and tasks for this role include:
- Manage full cycle of Accounts Payable including: creation of purchase orders with appropriate manager approvals, entering vendor invoices based on matching POs, payment of invoices via weekly check run and wire payment processing.
- Maintain an inclusive vendor database to include B Corps and other local, sustainable and diverse suppliers.
- Manage all relationships with a vendors and suppliers to the company including negotiating prices for new contracts and ongoing customer service.
- Functional and financial understanding of contracts, insurance policies and consultancies that impact the income statement and disbursement of payments.
- Contribute to Employee Handbook with updated expense policy based on industry best practices.
- Process employee expense ensuring compliance and enforcement with company expense policy.
- Reconcile B Lab’s bank accounts monthly and resolve any accounting discrepancies timely.
- Run budget v. actual financial reports and create variance analysis monthly to distribute to budget managers.
- Prepare donor financial reports in accordance with funding agreements.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process in conjunction with external auditors and the Manager, Accounting & Reporting.
- Assist in evaluation of financial systems to inform platform needs.
Annual starting salary beginning at $50,000 to $60,000 (depending on experience) plus excellent benefits. In addition to your salary, you’ll also receive medical, vision and dental coverage; 40 hours paid time off for community service; paid parental leave; and professional development support after your first year of employment. In your first year, you’ll start with 3 weeks of vacation.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Passion for using business as a force for good, and supporting the B Lab team focused on this mission
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting
- 5+ years accounting experience
- Expertise with QuickBooks or an Enterprise Resource Planning tool
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Additional experience in Audit and International accounting
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management and communication skills
- Ability to forecast workflow and plan accordingly
- Clear and direct written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on celebrating success and inclusion.
- Willingness to collaborate with diverse stakeholders internally and externally to reach a common goals or understanding.
- Medical & Dental Coverage
- 40 Hours of Paid Time Off for Community Service
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational and Professional Development Reimbursements
- Flexible Work Options
Cool Perks at B Lab
- Staff retreats and events
- Many lunches, team dinners and happy hours
- Kitchen stocked full with snacks
- Open and vibrant office space!
- A great feeling from working on products that have a huge impact
B Lab believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
B Lab provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, B Lab complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more accessible, please contact us at email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply online at https://boards.greenhouse.io/blab/jobs/4112688002