Job Summary: The Community Development Loan Officer (CDLO) is responsible for the business development, underwriting, and closing of loans, focusing on the Detroit, Michigan market and including the Midwest portion of Cinnaire’s 9-state footprint. The CDLO builds and maintains a pipeline of viable transactions in these markets, managing borrower and partner relationships, analyzing prospective loan applications for credit risk and impact, and managing the loan closing process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds and manages a pipeline of transactions that are consistent with Cinnaire Lending business strategy and credit policy.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for borrowers through the application, underwriting, approval, and closing process, including the collection and analysis of relevant due diligence, structuring the loan, creation of credit memos, presentation to loan committee, and managing the closing process including review of loan documentation to assure consistency with credit approvals.
- Provides technical assistance to support borrower applications and financial health.
- Manages loan pipeline data collection, tracking progress from application to loan closing as well as key impact data collection.
- Makes recommendations for process and content improvements to policies, procedures, impact and risk rating methodology to support best practices in borrower risk assessment and mitigation.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Strong communication and writing skills required.
- 5 or more years’ experience in community development lending.
- Analysis to Synthesis: Interprets data and information from multiple sources and translates it into coherent messages that inform decisions.
- Resource Optimization: Applies knowledge of internal structures and existing talent to accomplish a goal.
- Diversity Awareness: Identifies the benefits and advantages of harnessing the collective insights from various individuals in the organization.
- Costumer Focus: Stays ahead of customer needs and uses insight to develop new and/or modify client services.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Senior Vice President of Lending
Supervisory Relationship: None
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
Travel Required: 20%