Details: Salary DOE
9033 E. Easter Pl
Position/Title: Community Development Director
Reports To: Executive Director/ CEO
Status: Exempt – Full Time
Work Location: Denver, CO
The mission of the Home Builders Foundation is to build independence, provide opportunities and elevate lives for individuals and families with disabilities in our community.
For over 25 years, the Home Builders Foundation has enabled individuals with disabilities and their families to live more independent, elevated lives. Our dedicated staff is passionate about expanding access, safety and comfort for the differently abled. We work closely with skilled volunteers and collaborative partners to come together to create home modifications that empower greater access, reinforce safety and equip recipients the ability to tackle everyday tasks. Our goal is to continue to build upon our experience and expand how our services can better elevate lives for those in need.
Responsibilities include managing all aspects of community outreach related to philanthropic giving to HBF to ensure successful attainment of annual donor related revenue goals. This includes the development and implementation of an overall Fundraising/ Donor Plan, donor acquisition strategies; donor appeal planning; and donor management and retention plans. This also includes responsibility for the development of related documentation, ensuring results tracking and overseeing the maintenance of related files and databases.
Additionally, this position is responsible for providing the strategy and direction for the marketing of HBF including oversight of newsletters, marketing campaigns and collateral as needed, as well as interfacing with outsourced marketing and website resources. Tactical implementation will be supported by the HBF Administrative Manager.
Essential Job Duties (including but not limited to):
- Works with Executive Director to create, implement and expand annual fundraising plans to support existing program operations and align with the HBF’s vision and long-term goals and objectives.
- Responsible for development activities of the following areas: annual giving, major gifts and grant writing.
- Development and implementation of an annual Fundraising/Donor Plan which includes donor acquisition strategies directly related to community outreach efforts, appeal planning, annual giving plans, and donor management and retention strategies.
- Coordinates planning, community outreach and execution of three donor appeals and annual giving plans, including Colorado Gives Day.
- Implements a system to prospect, recruit, update, respond to, track, and follow-up on all prospective donors building a portfolio for annual/individual giving, planned giving, in-kind, endowment, and corporate giving.
- Develops plans for the cultivation of planned and major gift-donor relationships through telephone, written (letters, invitations, applications, proposals, written materials, etc.), and high level of personal contact. Ensures plan is implemented, using a variety of resources including Exective Director, Board Members, strategic donors and personal efforts. Ensure follow-up to finalize all donations. Administrative Manager will support some of these efforts.
- Expands the HBF’s base of supporters by identifying new individual, corporate, and other funding prospects in the community for special events, Annual Commitment program and other fundraising opportunities resulting in significant revenue.
- Ensures that supporters are appropriately recognized and receive the benefits and expectations promised and continue to effectively cultivate, solicit, and steward those relationships.
- Manages and oversees updates to CiviCRM donor database to track and report on all donor-related activity including the recording of income, event participation, in-kind contributions, sponsorships, and other participation in an overall effort to optimize fundraising and friend-raising opportunities. Administrative Manager will support some of these efforts.
- Provides analysis and recommendations to Executive Director on database information to ensure optimal fundraising efforts.
- Recruits, trains, develops and leads volunteers, committee members, interns, admin staff and others as needed to execute fundraising/donor activities.
- Partners with the Fundraising Events Manager to ensure successful donor and philanthropy connections and experiences are ensured at HBF’s major fundraising events and the donors/ sponsors that support these events. All staff is responsible for attending and supporting Fundraising Events Manager and Community Development Director at all major fundraising events.
- Manages development related procedures, workflows, and reporting.
- Provides significant input in planning and budgeting and is responsible for staying within the Development budget.
- Oversees and directs HBF marketing efforts in conjunction with and to support overall fundraising efforts.
- Oversees the creation of E-newsletter, press releases, social media content and collateral for donor campaigns. Directs the implementation of these plans and efforts with Administrative Manager.
- Partners with Program Director and others to develop Donor-focused collateral and messaging.
- Creates and implements specific outreach plans to engage our communities – those who support us, those we want to expand to and those we serve.
- Represents HBF at community events as required. Additionally, seeks out forums for spokespersons, ambassadors, and advocates to speak on behalf of the HBF.
- Cultivates relationships with appropriate community leaders, organizations, and businesses to support recruitment efforts within targeted areas to positively impact donor and outreach growth.
Other Duties & Expectations:
- Utilizes metrics to track, analyze, and report the effectiveness of the fundraising, marketing, and community engagement strategies.
- Provides regular updates to the Executive Director on fundraising, marketing, and community relations activities.
- Delivers all fundraising, marketing, and community engagement activities within budget parameters.
- Answers phones and handles correspondence, responds to email, addresses donor inquiries, schedules and attends meetings, and performs a broad range of daily administrative tasks.
- May be staff liaison to designated committees and/ or tasks forces related to fundraising, marketing, communications and outreach.
- Contributes to staff meetings, supports the achievement of staff and organizational goals, and may interact with the Board of Directors on strategies, processes, trends and best practices. Establishes and maintains a collaborative working relationship with fellow team members.
- Promotes the mission and vision of the Home Builders Foundation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience:
- At least 3-5 years successful Development/Fundraising experience, including individual and major gift philanthropic efforts.
- At least 3-5 years successful experience in nonprofit marketing.
- At least 2 years previous experience working in the nonprofit sector or equivalent for profit experience with sponsor acquisition or sales.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Donor Management software
- Ability to Multi-task, prioritize and handle several projects simultaneously.
- 5+ years successful Development/Fundraising/Marketing experience, including individual and major gift philanthropic efforts.
- 4+ years’ experience in nonprofit sector or for profit in sales or sponsor acquisition
- Detailed knowledge and experience with CivicCRM.
- Ties to and/or currently living in Denver metro area.
- Experience with home building industry.
- Physical/Mental Demands & Environment:
- Must be able to meet up to 15% local travel requirements.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to spend a majority of the day sitting at a desk working with a computer.
- Education (Minimum Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s in Non-Profit Management or MBA
Salary and additional benefits to be discussed during interview and hiring process.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email Beth (email@example.com) a cover letter, resume, salary history, desired salary and three professional references with the subject line "HBF Community Development Director". Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls please.