1600 Wilson Blvd., Suite 800
NATIONAL CHAPTER DEVELOPMENT AND WALK MANAGER
The Chapter Development and Walk Manager is responsible for providing leadership within assigned Chapter regions and management in the development and execution of plans and activities which result in a successful fundraising campaign, the “Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida” in designated states. Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida is a family-friendly event held to raise awareness about Spina Bifida and celebrate the accomplishments of the over 177,000 Americans living with the challenges it brings. The Walk Manager will be responsible for developing relationships and raising money for SBA by organizing new Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida events for the National Spina Bifida Association.
The Walk Manager reports to the National Walk Director.
RESPONSBILITIES OF THE WALK MANAGER FOR CORPORATELY-OWNED EVENTS:
- Plan and implement existing and new Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida events in designated Metropolitan areas.
- Coordinate every aspect of new event implementation including site selection, logistics, volunteer recruitment, sponsorship, necessary permits and permissions according to municipality.
- Travel to new Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida locations as necessary for site selection, recruitment, cultivation and day-of-event coordination.
- Work with Marketing team and National Walk Director to create and manage online fundraising websites for each new and existing Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida event in assigned areas.
- Develop, implement, and manage walk event timeline and participation, sponsorship, and fundraising benchmarks.
- Employ National Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida materials, guidelines, event model, event production, assessment tools and online fundraising.
- Partner with the National Walk Director and Director of Development to research, identify, and solicit national walk sponsorships.
- Assist in identification of volunteer leadership positions with high-caliber, qualified individuals for Walk-N-Roll events in assigned area.
RESPONSIBILITIES IN WORKING WITH SBA CHAPTERS:
- Provide strategic direction and support for Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida events in assigned areas to ensure Walk revenues grow annually.
- Develop effective working relationship with each Chapter Executive Director, staff, volunteers, and individuals in each Chapter service area to implement and grow participation and revenues for Chapter Walk-N-Roll events in assigned area.
- Conduct face-to-face meetings with staff and walk committee by traveling to Chapter or Walk-N-Roll locations when necessary.
- Achieve revenue goals for scheduled Walk fundraising events in SBA Chapters.
- Establish and implement planning timelines, revenue goals, expense budgets, and participant recruitment strategies.
- Execute, in partnership with volunteers, scheduled Walk-N-Roll programs, specifically managing Walk-N-Roll team recruitment and retention, as well as committee recruitment and retention.
- Manage day-of event logistics for each assigned Walk-N-Roll as well as year-long process of Walk-N-Roll administration, including but not limited to day-of logistics, data entry, acknowledgments and materials management.
- Manage and provide administrative support to volunteer committees.
- Implement plans for community outreach to benefit SBA Chapters in assigned regions.
- Other duties as assigned.
· College graduate with relevant experience
· Minimum 2 years event management and fundraising experience; walk experience preferred
· Significant fundraising success required
· Significant skills in planning, budgeting, and volunteer development
· Excellent computer skills
· Self-starter who is resourceful
· Ability to work independently with little supervision and is comfortable working remotely
· Capable of building and sustaining relationships with a variety of individuals and businesses
· Flexible and adaptable
· Articulate in person and on the phone
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Flexibility to work nights and at least five weekends annually
· Located in Las Vegas Metro area preferred
· Excited to be part of a hard-working team that hold themselves and each other accountable
· Happy to work with others on the team accomplish organization-wide goals
· Prior use or interest in learning Salesforce and Donor Drive platforms
· Customer-service focused
· Works with a sense of urgency
· Good sense of humor
Minimum Education Required