44 Canal Center Plaza
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1172
JOB TITLE: Project Manager I
Enhancing Police Response to Victims
GRADE: Grade (9); Full-time; Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Senior Program Manager
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) is involved in many efforts to provide support to law enforcement around the U.S., training officers and providing resources to ensure that all victims receive a meaningful response from the police through community collaboration, comprehensive policy and effective procedures.
IACP is looking for a Project Manager who has experience working with law enforcement agencies, victims of crime, and community and criminal justice partners to enhance law enforcement response.
Under the direction of the Sr. Program Manager, the Project Manager will:
- Manage IACP training and technical assistance projects as needed
- Manage the day-to-day work on the Enhancing Law Enforcement’s Response to Victims (ELERV): A 21st Century Strategy for State and Local Law Enforcement Strategy by building strong working relationships with three demonstration site law enforcement agencies and their respective research and community partners;
- Manage all aspects of logistical planning for on-site visits, all-site meetings and coordination of trainings to three demonstration sites;
- Develop programmatic agendas for and facilitate all on-site and all-site meetings;
- Provide day to day on-site assistance to demonstration sites in collaboration with consultants;
- Assist with tracking, accounting and invoicing for grant expenditures in accordance with federal grant guidelines and agency policies;
- With information gleaned from demonstration site efforts, revise the Enhancing Law Enforcement’s Response to Victims (ELERV): A 21st Century Strategy for State and Local Law Enforcement strategy;
- Develop a final comprehensive report to capture lessons learned;
- Assist with developing periodic progress reports for funding agency;
- Maintain regular and clear communications with OVC, consultants, IACP staff members, and contacts at demonstration sites regarding project deliverables;
- Provide ongoing support for all project activities;
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a subject-relevant field. Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience;
- A strong understanding of trauma informed, victim centered response to victims of crime through meaningful community collaboration;
- Experience working closely with law enforcement on training and policy as it relates to response to victims and support for officers;
- Experience working with and/or developing multidisciplinary collaborative efforts to provide strong victim response;
- Experience in project management/planning, preferably knowledge of managing federal grants;
- Core knowledge and skill requirements include:
- superior writing, editing and communication skills
- analytical skills and ability to think through and troubleshoot problems from multiple perspectives
- ability to prioritize tasks and manage time
- proficiency in MS Word and Excel (knowledge of Access, and computer graphics & design skills a plus)
- report and document preparation experience
- ability to account for and preserve project resources
- experience working collaboratively and productively with a team including law enforcement professionals, and consultants, and within federal agency guidelines
- understanding of social media platforms
- Occasional travel may be required
- This is a grant funded position for which continuation funding will be sought
The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) offers a generous benefits package to its core staff to include: Competitive Salary; Paid Annual & Sick Leave; 10 paid holidays per year; Health/Vision/Dental Coverage (premiums mostly paid by IACP); Life Insurance/AD&D, 2x salary (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Short & Long Term Disability Coverage (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Parking/Transportation Subsidy; 403 (B) Retirement Savings Plan; Flexible Spending Account – Medical & Dependent Care; Direct Deposit; Free Gym Access
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary history.
All cover letters must contain the name of the position being applied for as well as the requisition number. Please note that applications received without all the requested information will not be forwarded for review.
All applications must be received by MARCH 9, 2018.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please apply using the following URL: - https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=theiacp&jobId=240831&lang=en_US&source=CC3 OR- apply through our website at www.theiacp.org. EOE M/F