819 Grand Boulevard
819 Grand Blvd.
Position: Program Facilitator P/T
Responsible to: Program Manager and Program Coordinator
Location: Sites across Nassau OR Suffolk County between the hours of 2-6pm during the week (must have car and be able to travel)
ORGANIZATION: Girls Inc. of Long Island inspires all girls to be strong, smart, and bold through life-changing programs and experiences that help girls navigate gender, economic, and social barriers. Research-based curricula, delivered by trained, mentoring professionals in a positive all-girl environment equip girls to achieve academically; lead healthy and physically active lives; manage money; navigate media messages; and discover an interest in science, technology, engineering, and math. Learn more about our programs and advocacy at www.girlsincli.org.
Summary: The Program Facilitator ensures that programs and curricula are delivered in a thoughtful effective manner to engage and excite girls; prepares and teaches age appropriate programs/curricula, using national programs as a cornerstone and supplementing with research-based, experiential curricula/programs/activities.
● Plans, prepares and teaches Girls Inc. age appropriate programs/curricula
● Creates lesson plans and lesson plan summaries weekly; submits lesson plans and lesson plan summaries to the Program Manager. Provides statistics, pre and post-test results, outcomes, and other data to Program Coordinator and Program Manager.
● Serves as a role model for girls, other staff and volunteers, maintaining a high level of professionalism and attention to quality in all aspects of program delivery and work in general.
● Seeks to maintain high positive outcomes and program/concept comprehension from girls. Modifies, tweaks and retools teaching techniques and lessons, providing individual and small group assistance if necessary to improve outcomes and increase girls’ understanding of concepts and lessons.
● Remains current on issues related to girls and children.
● Operates within an approved budget and in accordance with the policies and procedures of Girls Inc.
● Participates in staff meetings and conferences to share ideas and concerns and works collaboratively with other staff to meet agency and program area goals.
● Acts as resource for staff about issues for this age group.
● Upholds and enforces rules and safety regulations Work Schedule:
● 20 hours per week split between office in Deer Park and facilitating 2-3 sites
● Available Monday-Friday 12:00PM-4:00PM or 1:00PM-5:00PM
● School year calendar with possibility of some summer programming
● Hourly Salary: $17/hr
● Teaching skills and/or experience
● Technologically proficient and creative
● Experience working with girls ages 5-18
● Preference will be given to bilingual candidates
Please be available to start ASAP (sooner than start date listed and application deadline.)
Please send cover letter and resume to Sunita Mahtani, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
Minimum Education Required