Root Capital is seeking a dynamic, experienced Executive Assistant to play a vital and pivotal role in the function and success of the Executive Office. This person will serve as the main administrative support to Root Capital’s Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer, as well as the primary administrative liaison from the Executive Office to the Board of Directors.
This person will play an important role in enhancing the Executive Office’s effectiveness by providing information management and clerical support to increase efficiency and should possess strong organizational and multitasking skills. The Executive Assistant will interact with staff, leadership, board members, major donors, partner and colleague organizations, and others, which requires excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and integrity. This position requires a dynamic individual who excels in a fast-paced administrative support capacity and who is comfortable working with a variety of high-level constituencies. The Executive Assistant brings commitment and integrity to accomplishing Root Capital's mission and goals, in this and other duties as assigned, and commits to personal and professional implementation of Root Capital’s values.
Communications, Scheduling, and Relationship Management (65%)
- Manages all scheduling for the CEO and COO, including meetings, travel, speaking engagements, conference participation, and interviews.
- Manages complex calendars of internal and external meetings for Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer; ensures proper preparation and research is compiled and disseminated prior to each day's meetings.
- Working closely with Chief of Staff, helps to manage and maintain complex network of CEO contacts and stakeholders, including donors, investors, global staff, and members of the Board of Directors.
- Maintains updated contact records across all CEO platforms including Google, iPhone, and Salesforce donor database.
- Tracks correspondence and follow-through for specific CEO relationships.
- Screens and evaluates incoming and outgoing CEO correspondence (email, mail, and phone) to ensure the CEO maintains highest levels of productivity.
- Evaluates and gate-keeps individual meeting requests for the CEO, delegating to other team members when appropriate.
- Schedules regular internal meetings for CEO and COO.
- Takes notes and writes minutes and summaries of select internal and external meetings, noting confidentiality.
- Coordinates all incoming invitations for events and speaking engagements for CEO and COO.
- Ensures CEO personal/family obligations are captured and highlighted in calendar.
Board of Directors Responsibilities (10%)
- Participates in the planning of thrice-yearly Board of Directors meetings, working closely with the Chief of Staff, including organizing logistics, informing and communicating with Board members and preparing the meeting agenda, presentations, and other materials.
- Provides staff support to the Board meetings by organizing staff assistance, taking and producing minutes, managing catering, supervising and conducting IT needs, and maintaining records in the officially prescribed manner in order to fulfill internal needs and to meet regulatory and audit requirements.
- Provides staff support as needed for regular Board and Board committee calls throughout the year.
Travel Assistance (10%)
- Plans and coordinates travel (local, domestic, and international) for the CEO and COO, including flights, ground transportation, hotels, telecom needs, and visa procurement.
- Prepares a thorough travel itinerary prior to each trip.
Office Management (15%)
- Tracks, prepares and files expenses and reimbursable costs on behalf of the CEO and COO.
- Manages appropriate approvals and processing for CEO and COO's direct reports' travel, expenses, and time-off requests.
- Maintains CEO and COO file organization (hard and electronic files).
- Manages Executive Office supplies and equipment, including computers and mobile devices.
- Sets up AV and virtual presentations for conference calls and web meetings.
This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work of this position, and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this role.
- Seven or more of years of administrative support and office management experience working with a President/CEO (or equivalent) as well as other senior level administrators.
- Exceptional organizational skills; ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Effective communication skills, with excellent writing abilities for high-level email communication.
- Proactive approach to problem solving with demonstrated decision-making capabilities.
- Comfort with AV equipment and minor technology troubleshooting.
- Skilled in MS Office platforms: Word, Excel, PowerPoint (required); Google platforms: email, calendar, contacts, file management (strongly preferred); Salesforce (preferred).
- Enthusiasm for working in a multicultural environment; experience in a global and multi-location work environment is highly desired.
- Spanish fluency or proficiency strongly preferred.
- Commitment to Root Capital’s mission.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish fluency or proficiency strongly preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply by using the form on Root Capital's website.