Evaluation and Systems Manager
Type: Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Salary Range: $40,000-$50,000 or commensurate with experience
Reports to: Program Director
Chicago Run is a nonprofit organization that provides young people from Pre-K through high school with inclusive running and physical activity programs. We empower young people with equitable access to physical activity and use running as a catalyst to transform lives. Through the power of sport, we build resilience to stress and trauma and develop social and emotional skills. During the 2019-2020 school year, we reached 16,000 youth participants, from 53 partner schools and sites, located in 34 diverse Chicagoland neighborhoods. We primarily focus programming in under-resourced communities with limited access to physical activity and play.
The need for our work – providing equitable access to inclusive, high quality running & physical activity programming – stems from pre-existing systemic inequities in Chicago communities. Nearly half of all youth in Chicago live in “low child opportunity areas”, meaning they lack access to resources for healthy development. These “low child opportunity areas” are a result of systemic and institutional racism and barriers that impact youth life trajectories and opportunities. Chicago Run is committed to centering equity across all facets of our work to better partner with Chicago communities and create lasting impact and social change. You can read more about our equity philosophy here.
Summary of Job Description
The Evaluation and Systems Manager will be responsible for overseeing Chicago Run’s program data and evaluation efforts, data aggregation, and program database management. Specifically, the Evaluation and Systems Manager will design and implement both formative and summative program evaluations, and track and aggregate program data. This role will also support in the implementation of a new database roll-out and the ongoing maintenance, data entry, and reporting. This role will work closely with the Chicago Run Program Team.
Evaluation & Data Aggregation: 45%
- Finalize evaluation frameworks for each Chicago Run program prior to program year launch
- Coordinate with external evaluation partners and ensure Chicago Run evaluations meet Chicago Public Schools (CPS) and other IRB/RRB evaluation guidelines
- Join monthly/quarterly Board of Directors’ Strategy & Evaluation Committee meetings
- Ensure program fidelity by conducting consistent program observations throughout the year (process/formative evaluation)
- Create and manage dashboard and reports against program output and outcome goals
- Format and disseminate evaluation reports for internal and external stakeholders at the culmination of each program season and school year
- Support Director of Communications and Grants Manager on gathering compelling program content for external audiences, grant applications, website updates, and other media outlets
- Seek out professional development opportunities and thought partners to ensure Chicago Run program implementation and evaluation is aligned with best practices
- Create and liaise with an evaluation Advisory Council
System Management: 45%
- In partnership with leadership team, support in the identification, build-out, and transition to a new program database
- Serve as primary liaison to any database consultants or product developers
- Manage ongoing database maintenance, including all tracking, reporting, and notifications
- In partnership with the program team, upload and maintain videos, activities, and other content across Chicago Run platforms
- Provide monthly updates on Chicago Run’s program progress
- Assist in developing and meeting Chicago Run organizational goals and strategic growth plans
- Attend and provide support with Chicago Run events
- Support staff in direct program delivery, as needed
- Support the Program Team and broader staff as needed on additional tasks and projects
- Bachelor's Degree or 2-3 years of equivalent work experience in the non-profit sector; prior evaluation and data aggregation experience preferred
- Demonstrates a passion for Chicago Run’s mission, a commitment to equity in alignment with Chicago Run’s core values, and a desire to impact youth health and wellness through equitable, inclusive programming
- Must be able to pass a background check through Chicago Public Schools
- Must be systems-oriented and have strong quantitative analytical skills; experience working databases/CRMs strongly preferred
- Has exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exhibits strong organizational skills and is detail-oriented
- Demonstrates experience with basic software programs, including Microsoft Office; advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel a plus
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and possesses flexibility
- This is a full-time, 40-hour per week position, and standard hours of operation are M-F, 9A-5P. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
- This role is 15% field based and 85% office-based with opportunities for remote work. Chicago Run values adaptability and nimbleness and offers opportunities for flexible working arrangements.
- Chicago Run is committed to being an equal opportunity organization, and providing employment opportunities regardless of identity, including race, color, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or veteran status.
- BIPOC, Latinx, and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
*Chicago Run staff are currently working remotely, but plan to safely resume more in-person programming and partnership visits, in response to partner requests as needed.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter via email to Crystal Lein at email@example.com. No phone calls please.