Job Title: Operations Associate, Part-time Position 20-30 Hours/Week
Location: Los Angeles, CA
The Operations Associate provides support for all aspects of organizational operations, including but not limited to office management, bookkeeping, insurance, contract administration and fundraising. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
· Oversee contract invoicing requirements: work with program staff to maintain all contract records and contact info, prepare invoices and submit for payment, and track overdue invoices
· Maintain and track accounts payable records and vendor information
· Coordinate with event management staff to fulfill all insurance requests and track all associated certificates and documentation
· Manage logistics for in-house staff events and programs
· Perform light reception duties: answer phones for our EV customer call center, greet visitors, respond to general inquiries
· Stock and maintain office supplies, oversee mail disbursement, coordinate with vendors and building management as required
· Provide administrative support on other projects as needed
- Associate’s degree in business management, accounting or a related field from an accredited college or university
- At least three years of hands on accounting and financial experience using Quickbooks in a small business or nonprofit setting
- At least two years of experience managing office operations
- A passion for detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Professional demeanor and strong verbal and written communication skills
- U.S. citizen or legal resident with the right to work in the US
Required Computer and/or Technical Skills:
- Fluency in both Quickbooks (preference for Quickbooks Online) and MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
License, Certificates or Registrations:
- Valid California Driver’s License; insurable in the State of California. Must own or have access to a licensed and registered vehicle and be willing to use it for work-related purposes.
Application Process: Applications should include a resume and cover letter. The application process will also include a brief writing test for select applicants. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Operations Associate”. No phone inquiries please. Plug In America is an equal opportunity employer.
About Plug In America: Plug In America is a 501(c)3 nonprofit with a mission to accelerate the transition to plug-in vehicles powered by clean, affordable, domestic electricity. Our goal is to reduce our nation’s dependence on petroleum, improve public health and reduce climate altering emissions of greenhouse gases. In addition to policy advocacy, we help consumers understand and embrace the benefits of electric driving. To achieve our mission, we provide practical, objective information to help consumers decide whether an electric car is right for their lifestyle and to choose the best plug-in vehicle, equipment and services that meet their needs. As a supporter-driven advocacy group representing the voice of the EV customer globally, Plug In America is uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholder and market actors, including state agencies, electric utilities, automakers and auto dealers. Plug In America founded National Drive Electric Week, the world’s largest celebration of the plug-in vehicle, which welcomed over 120,000 attendees across 276 events in 2017, spanning all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Minimum Education Required