JewishGen, the genealogy resource center of the Museum of Jewish Heritage – A Living Memorial to the Holocaust, is seeking a full time Business Operations Manager to lead in fundraising, membership, and donor management. The Business Operations Manager will supervise the Administrative Assistant responsible for membership processing and user support.
- Provide leadership and guidance to development support volunteers.
- Lead annual giving campaigns and membership development programs to meet or exceed budget goals.
- Assist in creating annual development plans to increase revenue in support of JewishGen’s fundraising goals.
- Provide friendly, donor-centered support as needed; resolve donor questions, problems, and complaints by offering solutions, troubleshooting and rectifying problems or issues.
- Ensure donor database records are up-to-date and aid in preparation of analytical and statistical reports to measure project progress toward fundraising goals and as needed.
- Lead the implementation of donor recognition and stewardship activities by acknowledging donations; creating queries, reports, exports, mail merges, and mailing lists; creating and maintaining donor records.
- Generate standard acknowledgements for gifts and membership.
- Manage JewishGen Administrative Assistant; Including but not limited to timekeeping, project assignments, performance reviews, and training.
- Supervise the volunteer Member Support Team, providing direction and guidance.
- Assist in the maintenance of the management information system.
- BA in related field and at least 3-5 years’ experience in non-profit environment, preferably at a museum
- Strong knowledge of Altru preferred
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Customer service orientation that includes patience and thoroughness
- Prior fundraising and supervisory experience preferred
Position reports to: Executive Director of JewishGen
The Museum of Jewish Heritage is an equal opportunity employer. As a cultural institution that teaches about the dangers of intolerance, the Museum is dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion in its hiring practices.