The Program Assistant provides administrative and programming support to the Mission Real Estate Capacity team. Trinity promotes “mission through marketplace,” the concept that effective, long-term mission can be developed, sustained and expanded using the tools of the marketplace. Trinity seeks to leverage its own history and expertise in realizing sustainable income through real estate assets in order to assist other churches to build a solid financial footing to fund their work. Trinity has an existing grant program to support Anglican churches in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean in building financial capacity. This program helps Trinity’s partners identify and design income-generating projects that can provide ongoing financial support for mission work and will be self-sustaining.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists in cataloguing and reviewing grant proposals and working with applicants to develop their grant proposals as requested by the Program Director.
• Reviews financial reports submitted by grantee and other partners.
• Supports Program Officers with relationship building.
• Helps prepare materials for grant review by Vestry and others.
• Assists in processing reports and payments.
• Maintains team calendar and identifies potential conflicts or synergies.
• Handles logistics for team meetings and events including set-up, scheduling rooms, IT notification, food, materials, etc.
• Prepares materials for team meetings and handles necessary follow-up.
• Attends meetings, records and writes up notes
• Supports Program Officer/s in organizing grantee convenings, trainings and events.
• Coordinates and manages travel arrangements for team events where efficiencies can be realized through collective bookings.
• Maintains up-to-date contact information for grantees, partners, contractors and other stakeholders.
• Organizes hospitality for visitors as needed.
• Coordinates with other program assistants in the Grants & Mission Investing team on calendars, events and department-wide activities.
• Works across departments such as Communications, IT, Real Estate, Finance and Legal as required for projects and events.
• Works with Operation and Planning to troubleshoot or enhance online portal system process.
• Proactively suggests ideas for process or system improvements.
• Contributes to team discussions and planning.
• Adheres to confidentiality rules and all other Trinity Wall Street policies, procedures and rules.
• Performs all duties in a manner that promotes Trinity’s mission and core values.
• Assumes other related responsibilities and special projects as required.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
• This position requires the ability to speak and write fluently in Spanish (candidates are required to pass pre-employment fluency testing)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with meeting planning and related logistics
• Creative, problem solver
• Team player and experience working in a team context.
• Demonstrates flexibility when assigned new tasks, new goals, and new systems and processes
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Organized, courteous and able to handle multiple priorities
• Cultural awareness and the willingness to learn and to work with diverse cultures and populations
• Available as needed for occasional evening and weekend meetings and/or events
• A minimum of one year of administrative or program experience.
• Familiar with CRM or other database management programs.
• Passion for social change.
• Bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent combination of training and/or work experience, in administration, hospitality, customer service or related field.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online at https://www.trinitywallstreet.org/about/careers