Full Time Contract
2611 W. ChicagoAve
The Organization: Founded in 1993, CommunityHealth is the largest free clinic in the country. Operating out of Chicago’s West Town neighborhood, CommunityHealth is a medical home for nearly 10,000 low-income, uninsured adults. Services include: primary care, 20+ on-site specialty/diagnostic services, medications (through an on-site licensed pharmacy), mental health/social services, health education, and more. CommunityHealth’s mission is made possible by our donors, dozens of community partners, and more than 1,000 volunteers.
Our Mission: Serving those without essential health care.
Our Vision: Building healthier communities.
The Opportunity: CommunityHealth seeks to hire a full-time Polish speaking Care Management Associate. Under the supervision of the Nurse Manager, the Care Management Associate will be responsible for support of the nursing department. This includes: direct patient care, patient scheduling and follow-up calls, chart review for focus of daily huddles, assistance with data collection, and assistance with care management. The Associate will be committed to working with the underserved.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contact patients to advise of lab test results and necessary follow up as directed by clinician
- Review patient charts daily to identify care gaps and direct daily huddles
- Follow up with patients to ensure attendance of specialty and diagnostic appointments
- Assist with care management outreach and coordination for patients with chronic health concerns
- Schedule and prepare patients for onsite procedures and specialty diagnostic testing
- Conduct diagnostic tests including retinal camera exams and spirometry
- Conduct smoking cessation appointments
- Clean and maintain equipment and supplies used for onsite specialty diagnostic testing
- Triage phone calls by assessing needs of patient and directing to appropriate staff
- Interpret for appointments as needed
- Medical Assistant or Associate Degree Nurse, (ADN/LPN) in the State of Illinois or formally trained Community Health Worker
- Minimum of one year of experience in a community health setting or related field required
- Provide excellent quality of care in overall clinical and patient educational needs
- Bilingual (Polish/English) required
- Full-time position with flexible hours. Some evenings are required.
- Excellent communication and follow-through skills
- Excellent computer skills (familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel and EMR use)
- Must be a self-starter and able to work autonomously
- Must be flexible and have the ability to manage multiple priority projects
- Commitment to the CommuniyHealth mission, model of service delivery, core competencies (dependability, team work, professionalism, communication, and initiative), and core values (quality, collaboration, integrity, diversity, and respect)
Holidays, health and dental benefits, retirement plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual: English and Polish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
No phone calls please. Also, Bilingual-English/Polish is a requirement for this position.