The PbS Learning Institute, a national non-profit juvenile justice organization, is currently seeking a .NET Web Developer working in the Microsoft web technology stack and related client-server technologies. In this position, you will be working side-by-side with our Senior Software Developer to build and expand upon our existing survey and reporting applications. The right candidate will be up to date on standards and best practices for coding, delivery and optimization, and be willing to work on all parts of the application from initial planning, architecture, and database design to the user interface on the browser. This position requires a high degree of independence and comfort with working in a very small team environment. It is perfect for a self-starter who can think and work without direction.
PbS is a small non-profit organization dedicated to treating all youths in custody as one of our own. We are celebrating over 25 years of working across the country to improve the conditions, quality of life and services in youth confinement facilities and programs. PbS’ technology is the key to national data collection and reporting, research and analysis and communications with participants in 34 states. The ideal candidate will share our passion for non-profit work and/or improving the conditions, quality of life and services for youths in custody.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Work one-on-one with our Senior Software Developer to rewrite and expand legacy .NET application.
· Collaborate with a very small team to gather web application requirements and then plan, manage and develop a solution from the ground up.
· Work independently to develop high performance, high quality, well-commented and tested code.
· Develop integration tests for web application.
· Troubleshoot and test applications across browsers and platforms to insure maximum coverage and consistency
· Articulately communicate technical concepts and ideas to colleagues and stakeholders with varying degrees of technical knowledge
Required skills, experience and qualifications:
· Demonstrated professional experience designing, developing, and deploying web-based applications with C#, ASP.NET (Core), SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio tools and other standard IDEs
· Demonstrated understanding of standard object-oriented development techniques
· Knowledge on software processes such as source control management (GitHub), project management (Asana, Azure DevOps, etc.), and bug tracking
Nice to haves:
· Experience with Azure Cloud portal monitoring and resource management including Virtual Machine and SQL Database monitoring, configuration, security updates, etc.
· Experience with ASP.Net Zero
· Experience in writing and optimizing SQL queries for performance and integrity
· Experience working with highly regulated industries such as state and local government agencies
This is full-time contract position with potential for contract-to-hire.
This position is open to remote candidates in the U.S. with some preference to candidates local to our offices in Braintree, MA. This is a new position and available immediately. No phone calls. No unsolicited requests or agencies. Applications without a cover letter or sent to another e-mail address at our organization will be ignored.
The PbS Learning Institute, a national non-profit juvenile justice organization, is currently seeking a .NET Web Developer working in the Microsoft web technology stack and related client-server technologies. In this position, you will…