District of Columbia
About It’s On Us
It’s On Us’ mission is to combat college sexual assault by engaging young men and changing campus culture. We achieve our mission by working on college campuses, teaching bystander intervention, and developing the next generation of movement leaders. To date, over 440,000 persons have taken the “It’s On Us” pledge to combat college sexual assault, and our 500+ student chapters have held over 4,000 educational and organizing events in all 50 states and Washington D.C..
Over the next five years It’s On Us intends to grow our Campus Organizing Program to 1,000 colleges and universities, and engage 1 million young men in our educational programming.
It’s On Us is housed at Civic Nation, a non-profit organization that uses organizing, engagement and public awareness to address some of our nation’s most pressing challenges. We work with public and private partners to build tools and campaigns that turn great ideas into action.
About the Position
As the nation’s leading youth organizing initiative to combat sexual assault It’s On Us seeks a Director of Educational Programs & Training to equip our student leaders with the tools, resources, and knowledge they need to change the culture on college campuses nationwide.
Our work is grounded in peer-to-peer sexual assault prevention educational and training programs focused on active bystander intervention, consent education, and survivor support. It’s On Us has specific focus on making sexual assault prevention into a men’s issue through our work.
The Director of Educational Programs & Training will report to the It’s On Us Director.
- Develop, disseminate and evaluate peer-to-peer sexual assault prevention educational programs for our national network of student organizers.
- Plan, host and evaluate in-person and digital training programs for student organizers.
- Support the Director of Campus Organizing in planning our Fall and Spring Weeks of Action.
- Oversee the Greek Leadership Council, which is a collective of fraternal organizations crafting resources and support on sexual assault prevention within the Greek community.
- At least 5 years of program management, development and evaluation experience
- Strong experience developing youth-focused educational and training programs on sexual violence, sexual health, and/or other sensitive public health issues
- Strong experience with workshop or training facilitation is a must
- Experience working across and balancing the needs of diverse stakeholder groups
- Strong writing, editing, and presentation skills
- Must have high attention to detail
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial, and innovative work ethic
- Belief that culture change is necessary to build movements and create long term change
- Belief that peer-to-peer educational programs are critical to youth organizing and culture change
- Commitment to sexual assault prevention and survivor support a must
- Thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working a remote team environment a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: It’s On Us Director of Educational Programs & Training. The position may be based in either New York City or Washington, DC and will require 25% of time traveling.
Civic Nation is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Civic Nation is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Civic Nation will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.