District of Columbia
Muslim Advocates, a national legal advocacy and educational organization, seeks a dedicated and diligent administrative assistant to join our team in Washington, DC. Muslim Advocates’ mission is to promote freedom, justice and equality for all through legal advocacy, policy engagement, and civic education, and by serving as a legal resource to promote the full and meaningful participation of Muslims in American public life.
We are seeking an administrative assistant to be responsible for the day-to-day smooth operation of the organization’s office. This is an opportunity to be involved with every aspect of a dynamic and rapidly growing organization. The administrative assistant reports to the Director of Operations and Organizational Effectiveness.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Provide administrative support to our Executive Director, including managing calendar, email correspondence, meeting prep andtravel.
• Schedule and prepare seamless logistics for meetings of the board of directors and board committees and other key organizationalevents.
• Maintain office facilities, services and equipment, and serve as primary greeter forvisitors.
• Assist with financial administration and record keeping, such as ensuring timely and accurate payroll and accountspayable.
• Support recruitment and hiring processes by conducting outreach, reviewing applications for employment, and schedulinginterviews.
• Coordinate team building activities and professional trainings for staffmembers.
communications with our benefits brokers.
• Strong organizational and time management skills that enable you to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-pacedenvironment.
• Relentlessly solutions-oriented, with a high level of flexibility andresourcefulness.
• Thoroughness and attention todetail.
• Trustworthy, discreet, loyal and ability to maintain strict confidences and deploy sound judgment when handling sensitivematerial.
• Excellent written and verbal communication inEnglish.
• Proficient computer skills, particularly Apple, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Google services (mail, calendar,documents).
• A commitment to social justice and Muslim Advocates’ values andmission.
Muslim Advocates offers a generous and competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Muslim Advocates is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To apply, candidates should submit a resume and cover letter describing their interest, skills and experience; 2 short writing samples, and 3 references. Please email your application with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATIONSWILL BE CONSIDERED ON A ROLLING BASIS AND ACCEPTED UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED. For more information about Muslim Advocates, visit:www.muslimadvocates.org