601 E Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Business Unit Description
CSN (Community, State and National Affairs) Programs, Turnkey Programs, (formerly Community Program Design, In-Person and Online Learning) designs and delivers state-of-the-art interactive educational experiences - combining turnkey ease at the local level with scalable nationwide consistency.
- Online experiences via Learn@50+
- In-person, turnkey structured workshops - in 36 markets nationwide
- Light-touch “Pop-Ups” booth experiences at fairs and festivals - in 36 Full-Service and 11 Satellite markets nationwide
- State-led experiences via “DIY Toolkit” curriculum - available for all state offices.
In partnership with State Offices and national office colleagues, these offerings are reaching more than 1.2 million individuals a year.
Workflow Integration: Manages overall project flows across both online and in-person curriculum design, ensuring issue area priorities, commitments, timelines and quality standards are met. Strategically advises and executes on educational direction, approach and formats with both in person and online educational offerings, while ensuring effective integration between offline/online efforts.
Oversees and manages staff and timelines for a complex project plan with multiple stakeholders, deadlines and deliverables. Manages (directly or indirectly) staff members supporting curricula design and execution. Provides strategic and executional leadership with vendors, subject matter experts, state offices, departments and other partners involved in curricula or content supported by Community Programs.
Plans, develops and delivers educational content across a variety of formats, including but not limited to in person workshops and popup experiences, interactive videos, live webinars, infographics, virtual fairs, and other microlearnings and e-based games.
Instructional Design: Leveraging key principles of instructional design and adult learning, designs, writes and develops in person and online education, juggling multiple projects under tight deadlines and with executional excellence. Upholds commitment to ensuring educational offerings are audience relevant and accurate. Approaches work with a creative and continuous improvement mindset.
Creatively adapts dense subject matters into engaging and interactive educational content. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to distill complex subject matters into inviting, easily understood, accurate and accessible educational information.
Provides a significant role in eprogram development and execution but will also support in person activities and ultimately provides oversight and integration with in person and online engagements.
Exceptionally manages and develops stakeholder, subject-matter expert and agency/vendor relationships in a highly matrixed environment to deliver best-in-class offerings.
• Manages workflows across both online and in-person education, ensuring quality, commitments and timelines are met with best-in-class output. Brings exceptional project management skills and strong attention to detail to the design of programs.
• Designs, develops and delivers online education, leveraging key tenets of instructional design. Experienced in various online tools essential to the development of online learning, along with the ability to quickly learn new software/technology, as needed. Software includes Storyline 360, Adobe Creative Suite, Vyond/GoAnimate and others.
• Strategically directs, advises, and executes educational vision from Director of Program Design using an approach that ensures best in class in person and online education, while collaborating closely to ensure effective integration between online and in-person educational offerings.
• Oversees integration across in-person and online, and quality assurance within educational offerings to deliver an exceptional user experience with interactive and relevant content. Writes, edits and proofreads to meet departmental needs for accuracy while maintaining a “fun with purpose,” perspective. Ensures the editorial integrity of program development through clear and concise writing of scripts and narratives. Makes complex subject matters easy to understand and accessible for general market or other target audiences.
• Assesses in person or online learner needs, partners with subject-matter experts (SMEs), identifies relevant information and develops/adapts compelling educational, fun and interactive content across a variety of formats.
• Facilitates live, online education and participates, as needed, with subject-matter expert (SME) presenters to craft highly engaging webinars and virtual fairs.
• Develops consumer-focused content across broad and multiple issue area(s), including but not limited to: Caregiving, Work/Jobs, Financial Resilience, Livable Communities, Savings & Planning, Technology Literacy, Healthy Living and Fraud.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, and work independently and interdependently among a small team of educational program designers.
• Engages in data collection and analysis to ensure that programs are fully evaluated, and achieve desired reach and outcomes.
• Applies audience/market segmentation research and insights to create customized programming, with special emphasis on Boomer/Multicultural audiences.
• Experience with the design of in-person education, including facilitation, preferred.
• Works collaboratively across Programs Issue and Community Program Design units.
• Executes work to prescribed standards of excellence.
• Demonstrates AARP values in all interactions.
Advanced degree preferred in communications, online training or curricula development, education, business administration, marketing experience engagement, or related field, or work experience in similar role; minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in developing in person and/or online educational programming, strategies and operational plans. Knowledge of adult learning; understanding of audiences and most optimal ways to reach them to effectively impact program goals is required. Experienced in training, curriculum/content development, graphic design, and/or marketing a must. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively internally and externally; excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and effectively build relationships and collaborate with stakeholders, training professionals and subject-matter experts (SMEs). Expertise in adapting online content to ensure brand consistency. Ability to modify written content for multicultural perspectives. Ability to stay up-to-date with innovations and developments in the online learning to generate new ideas to draw the learner’s attention.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Minimum Education Required