KIPP LA Public Schools is a non-profit organization that operates free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public charter schools serving students in South, Southeast, and East Los Angeles. KIPP LA’s mission is to teach the academic skills, foster the intellectual habits, and cultivate the character traits needed for our students to thrive in school, college, and life. Through the success of our students, KIPP LA's team and family will serve as a model of excellence and collaborate with others to raise the quality of education in Los Angeles.
KIPP LA currently operates 17 schools and serves approximately 7,200 students. Our team is expanding rapidly; over the next five years, we will more than double the number of students we serve.
- The primary responsibility of the Regional Innovation Assistant will be to support KIPP LA Schools’ approach to instructional technology integration across the region.
- The Regional Innovation Assistant will work with the larger Innovation and Technology team to support existing technology integration, evaluate and curate potential technology pilots, and successfully deploy and support wide-scale instructional technology adoptions. This person will also support instructional technology communities of practice across our region.
- The ideal candidate for this position has a passion for education and effective implementation of instructional technology, a keen eye for details, preferably with a background in education, though not required. They are an excellent communicator who enjoys working with teachers, students, and technology. The candidate needs to possess strong organization and self-management skills.
- He/she also needs to hold a valid driver’s license and have dependable transportation, as travel between school locations will be required. This position will be a critical part of the KIPP LA team and family, working closely with academic teams, school leaders, school-based innovation coordinators, teachers, operations staff and students. This position will initially report to the Chief of Technology and Innovation and will be based out of the School Success Team office in Los Angeles.
- Support instructional technology innovation at the region/school/classroom level
- Create and manage all required staff and student accounts for instructional software
- Develop and maintain expertise in current user account automation tools such as APIs and middle-man synchronization services (e.g. Clever)
- Promote Regional Innovation initiatives, such as Hour of Code and regional professional development opportunities, and clarify the purpose of these initiatives to all stakeholders.
- Teacher training and coaching around instructional technology implementation
- Develop and deliver in-person professional development and training sessions
- Coordinate third-party professional development and training sessions where necessary
- Develop and curate self-service training and support resources
- Facilitate deeper connections with KIPP LA colleagues between all school sites through the regional innovation initiatives
- Develop and maintain documentation for internal and external knowledge sharing and evaluation around instructional technology initiatives
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key vendors
- Develop an expertise in the KIPP LA Schools Enabling Systems to support school-level implementation of instructional software.
- Provide excellent technical support to all KIPP LA staff around instructional software and hardware such as Chromebooks and various instructional software such as Google ClassroomAssist with providing technology orientation and training to KIPP LA staff
- Support helpdesk operations across all schools and the School Success Team officeEnsure helpful and timely response and resolution to all helpdesk requests in order to meet all SLA requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Reliable transportation and driver's license is required; Travel between school sites is required
- Ideal candidate has experience with the following: Google Apps usage and management (admin console); Student Information Systems (general); data synchronization technologies (SFTP, API, Clever(™), etc.)
- Spreadsheet fluency and broad knowledge of current instructional technology landscape
- Excellent troubleshooting and customer service/interpersonal skills
- Commitment to KIPP LA’s mission and values
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills, high attention to detail
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative.
- Ability to build strong relationships and trust with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment with a proven ability to meet and complete multiple deadlines and tasks.
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity, and collaborative working style.
- Very competitive compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of cost
- Employer-paid KIPP LA life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP LA
- Voluntary Benefits (Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, etc.)
- Generous time off program includes 22 holidays, sick leave and vacation
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement, etc.)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position please click the link above. If you have any questions regarding the application process please contact the email address above.