333 East 70th Street
Full-Time Bilingual Social Worker/Therapist
The New York Center for Children, 333 East 70th Street, New York NY 10021
The New York Center for Children is a private, nonprofit agency which provides free, comprehensive therapy services to children, adolescents and their families who have experienced child abuse, neglect, domestic violence or other trauma.
· Provide clinical treatment to children, adolescents and non-offending parents who have experienced abuse/trauma.
· Facilitate therapeutic groups for children, adolescents and families.
· Conduct training and educational workshops to outside agencies.
· Keep up-to-date statistics, documentation and reports as required.
· Conduct intake of new client referrals
· Provide advocacy for children and families
· Supervise one MSW intern when needed.
· Facilitate relations between ACS, partner agencies and families as needed.
· LMSW or LCSW required
· Fluent in oral and written Spanish
· Two (2) years post graduate clinical experience in treatment and evaluation of children, adolescents and families.
· SIFI certified or SIFI eligible preferred
· Experience in working in a multidisciplinary team.
· Extensive knowledge of dynamics of child abuse, child development and family systems.
· Knowledge of law enforcement and court systems as well as mandated reporting requirements.
· Ability to work collaboratively and independently as needed.
· Supervisory experience a plus.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in oral and written Spanish.
Minimum Education Required