Details: Competitive $70,000 to $90,000 plus, depending on skills and experience
PO BOX 29106
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Director creates and implements a strategic approach to fundraising. Fundraising opportunities may include major gifts, grants, and in-kind donations. Because he or she will occupy a new position in the organization, the Development Director will have the opportunity to exercise significant strategic vision.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors and Executive Director to develop and execute GCCM’s fundraising plan. Set and achieve goals. Submit regular reports on progress toward goals to Board and Executive Director.
- Working with a highly engaged network, identify and cultivate new funders and steward relationships with existing funders. Develop an understanding of individual funders’ interests and how GCCM fulfills them, and establish passionate relationships around GCCM’s mission and unique value.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and other institutions. Draft development plans and timelines; write development materials such as case statements and grants; contribute to funder reports and updates.
- In collaboration with the Communications team, create and execute a digital fundraising strategy. Write solicitation and thank-you emails and donation pages, develop and implement plans for major online giving events such as Giving Tuesday, and create related digital material.
- Identify and implement new opportunities to expand GCCM’s engagement with funders, such as the creation of special events, visits to compelling locations in our incredible global network, etc.
- Manage the implementation of development software and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing.
- Minimum 10 years of development/fundraising experience, with some experience in team management.
- Demonstrated record of success in meeting significant fundraising goals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques for institutional and individual funders.
- Superior written and oral communication and presentation skills in English, to include experience speaking to and writing for donors and crafting compelling funding proposals and pitch materials.
- Willingness to travel to cultivate donor relationships, as needed.
- Comfort working with a diverse global network, including demonstrated expertise in cultural diversity and ideally multilingual ability.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of donor databases.
- Preferred background in environmental issues and working in a faith-based environment.
Salary: Competitive $70,000 to $90,000 plus, depending on skills and experience
Application Deadline: Rolling until hired
Start Date: October 1, 2018 or sooner
Location: This is a remote position located anywhere in the United States. Candidate must possess his/her computer and have reliable access to the Internet. The candidate must also be comfortable participating in meetings that occur during the day in Rome.
Medical, dental and PTO
Level of Language Proficiency
English: Superior written and oral communication and presentation skills.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply: Send the following to email@example.com:
1) Cover letter explaining your qualifications and interest in the role
3) Two writing samples.
Applicants that do not include all required documents will not be considered
Put “Applicant: Development Director” in the subject line.