Details: Depending on experience
The Coalition Coordinator plays a vital role in driving SO Health-E‘s work in Jackson and Josephine Counties, providing leadership and strategic direction for the coalition. You will provide day-to-day oversight, facilitation, and coordination of SO Health-E’s efforts in both Counties. You will work closely with the Coalition’s leadership team, work groups, community members and community partners, to achieve effective communication, engagement, and decision-making within and between groups. You will serve as chief capacity builder to help achieve health equity by identifying and cultivating asset-based and community-based leadership, fostering cross sector engagement, and helping focus work on policy, systems, and environmental change.
This position requires the capacity to facilitate and understand complex diversity, equity, and racial justice conversations. You will have community engagement experience, with the ability to build rapport with communities of color and other priority populations, and to build relationships with diverse individuals and organizations. You will be committed to Collective Impact principles and have experience working with community-led initiatives.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Understanding of health equity, racial justice and the social determinants of health
- Proficient in building rapport with communities of color, minority populations, and others experiencing health disparities
- Commitment to Collective Impact concepts
- Experience with community engagement and community-led initiatives
- Higher Education Degree and/or relevant experience
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with a wide range of people
- Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills
- Proficient facilitation skills
- Experience with public speaking and leading groups.
- Proficient in working with self-awareness along with having proven self-monitoring and self-correcting abilities.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, social media, and website maintenance
- Able to think strategically, develop and implement effective work plans
For full job description, please visit https://hccso.org/about/jobs/
PTO and Health Reimbursement Arrangement
Level of Language Proficiency
English proficiency required, bilingual applicants preferred.
Minimum Education Required