629 Mo 2, Saladan, Koh lanta,
Volunteer Co-Ordinator is needed @ Lanta Animal Welfare, a non-profit charity.
Are you great with people, highly organized, and appreciate attention to detail?
Do you want to make a positive difference in the lives of our volunteers and rescue animals, while living on the beautiful island of Koh Lanta, in southern Thailand? Then this is for YOU!
Coordinates all aspects of the volunteer program including, but not limited to: recruitment, scheduling, orientation, training, records, materials, housing, and volunteer experience/fulfilment,
- Develops and implements local and international volunteer recruitment strategies ensure adequate year-round volunteer staffing coverage at Lanta Animal Welfare.
- Actively maintains relationships and registry with international and local volunteer placement organizations and educational institutions.
- Works closely with the Adoption, Marketing & Social Media Coordinator to actively promote the volunteer program and encourage volunteerism through social media and community outreach.
- Promptly responds to inquiries regarding volunteering at Lanta Animal Welfare.
- Actively maintains contact with potential volunteers to encourage and sustain their interest in volunteering.
- Assists volunteers with logistics such as required educational paperwork, booking arrangements, travel advice, and community lodging information.
- Works as shift supervisor twice a week, more if needed.
Orientation, Training, Scheduling, Records
- Develops and implements a thorough and welcoming volunteer orientation, including but not limited to: pre-arrival communication and training materials, community and transportation information, and volunteer and staff introductions,
- Maintains, prepares, and assigns on-site volunteer housing; Facilitates and assists with off-site lodging accommodations as needed.
- Works closely with Centre Operations Manager to develop and implement volunteer training in shelter protocols, proper animal care, safe handling, and disease control; Conducts hands-on training for volunteers.
- Works closely with the Adoption, Marketing & Social Media Coordinator to develop volunteer training in reception and providing public tours.
- Develops volunteer training and work schedules.
- Maintains relationships and regularly communicates with volunteers to ensure a fulfilling experience; responds to scheduling, training, or interpersonal concerns.
- Communicates conduct and performance expectations to volunteers and promptly addresses any concern or conflicts.
- Maintains volunteer database, and keeping track of payments, deposits and refunds.
- Performs animal care and cleaning duties, including 2 supervisor shifts per week.
Night shifts as assigned.
- Works cooperatively with LAW employees; Keeps General Manager apprised of progress
Skills, Experience & Abilities:
Interest and commitment to the mission of Lanta Animal Welfare; Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including English speaking. Quick and confident with computers (Microsoft Office); Interest and knowledge of animal welfare related issues; Strong organizational and project management skills; Able to work independently, prioritize projects, and multitask. Proven teamwork skills; Ability to use sound judgment when dealing with volunteers, clients, animal-related concerns and confidential information; Good knowledge of animal breed, behaviour, and handling. Able to perform cleaning duties including working with chemicals, bending, reaching, scrubbing, and lifting up to 50 pounds with assistance; Ability to ride a moped.. Able to work a flexible schedule with regular weekend and overnight shifts
- Previous experience working in Asia
- Previous experience working in Animal Welfare organisations.
- Knowledge of the Thai language and a good understanding of Thai and Muslim culture
- The first month will be seen as a volunteer month (no payment)
- 15,000 THB/month stipend
- Working hours: 8 hour shifts, alternating 5/6 working days per week. Flexibility is required.
- 6 months contract, with possibilities of extension
The first 3 months will be a trial period for both parties.
- Free fan-room accommodation with Wi-Fi, in LAW’s staff house with shared kitchen & bathrooms.
- Holiday allowance: 21 days per year
Meal Allowance: Breakfast and vegan lunch provided 5 days per week (Monday - Friday)
50% off on food and drink at Time For Lime’s Cooking School, Restaurant and Bar
- Discounts by various businesses on the Island, from restaurants to scuba diving
Level of Language Proficiency
English - HIGH
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a CV and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org