When students enter HCZ Promise Academy Charter Schools, we make a promise to help each and every one get to and through college. Everything we give our students—from world-class instruction and exceptional extracurricular activities to social emotional support and healthy meals—is aimed at fulfilling that promise.
We are seeking an Education Director for High School. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for the mission of HCZ Promise Academy, an understanding and respect for the culture of all residents of Harlem, and a desire for working in a school setting that fosters a love for children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure teachers are informed of Promise Academy's classroom expectations for instructional delivery
- Participate in hiring process for new staff
- Collaborate with coaches to research, evaluate, and prepare recommendations on curricula, instructional methods, and materials for school systems
- Oversee implementation of external assessment systems, including the New York State Tests and standardized test, and uses data to formulate informed decisions
- Use data to construct and oversee implementation of student rosters
- Attend grade team meetings and help develop instructional strategies that evaluate student achievement
- Monitor grade level progress and student achievement based on benchmarks
- Collaborate with coaches to prepare for and participate in data meetings
- Oversee completion of report cards and progress reports and collaborate with Ops Director for logistics of sending to families
- Collaborate with Ops Director for ordering and security of testing materials (state tests, Regents, NYSESLAT, etc.)
- Observe teachers and meets with them to provide feedback (formal)
- Collaborate with coaches to oversee professional development activities
- Collaborate with coaches to plan summer staff orientation and curriculum development period
- Oversee development and support of teaching assistants and teaching fellows
Qualification, Skill and Knowledge Requirements
- Master’s degree with 6 years of teaching experience is required; must have at least 3 years of experience in an administrative/leadership capacity
- Must have a valid New York State Teaching Certification
- Must be able to demonstrate successful teaching experience and/or administrative experience
- Extensive course work experience in curriculum development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We offer competitive salaries with performance-based bonuses, a comprehensive benefits package, and a low student-teacher ratio. To be considered, interested applicants must apply online or submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE.