57 Willoughby St., 4th floor
Heights and Hills, a community based agency providing services to Brooklyn’s older adults and their families for over 40 years, has an opening for a qualified, committed MSW to work in our Case Management program. Our mission, to promote successful aging in the community, is guided by the beliefs that older adults are assets to their communities; are entitled to live as independently as possible, with dignity and choice; and that professionally delivered home and community-based services for older people are essential. We serve homebound older adults and their families in 18 Brooklyn neighborhoods, providing them with the information, support and services they need to live their lives on their own terms.
Experience Level: LMSW
The Case Manager works under the supervision of a Case Management Supervisor and plays a key role in ensuring that agency programs are carried out effectively and efficiently. The Case Manager will work closely with other Heights and Hills staff concerning program effectiveness and together with the Executive Director, Director of Programs, Case Management Supervisors and other team members, plan and carry out agency activities and programs. The Case Manager will, with the approval of the Case Management Supervisor, attend community meetings, attend training sessions, participate in committees and work with professional staff of other agencies and organizations that provide services to the elderly.
- Provide accurate and appropriate information on services, benefits and entitlements to the clients.
- Conduct in-home client assessments and follow-up visits to homebound seniors in need of services.
- Develop and follow through on care plans.
- Work with staff from other Heights and Hills departments to maximize service to clients and their families.
- Arrange for provision of services, advocate and intervene with other agencies.
- Maintain complete and accurate computerized case records and statistical reports.
- Develop and maintain liaison with other agencies and resources.
- May supervise and coordinate activities of volunteers and student interns.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Knowledge of social work theory, interviewing principles, community resources and public benefits eligibility.
- Possess an awareness of the biological, psychological, and social aspects of aging and the impact of disabilities and illnesses on aging;
- This position involves home visits in Brooklyn and requires the ability to utilize public transportation and to be able to climb stairs to visit clients.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Some experience with the elderly
- Bi-lingual/cultural competency in Spanish, Haitian Creole, Chinese, or Russian
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Must send cover letter (no form letters, please) and resume to email@example.com Enter "case manager" in the subject line.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls, please