201 South Market Street
The Gallery Facilitator is a non-exempt (hourly) position reporting to the Manager, Gallery Experiences. The Gallery Facilitator works on a team of facilitators who are responsible for delivering high-energy, interactive gallery experiences including design-based learning programs and exhibits. Our facilitation values are centered on a learner-driven experience, where guests are guided through the process of iteration and innovation. Gallery Facilitators must be able to engage with visitors of all ages and backgrounds with a high emphasis is on the use of The Tech’s Design Challenge Learning facilitation style and provide excellent guest service.
- Engage with guests in exhibits and floor programs using open-ended questioning and encouraging innovation and iteration.
- Interact and communicate with the public and ensure superior guest service.
- Perform a variety of floor programs and demonstrations.
- Participate in training sessions to build and maintain facilitation and engagement skills.
- Complete tasks to prepare assigned gallery for daily opening and closing.
- Work with Engineering and Facilities staff to ensure that all exhibits, electronics and lighting in the gallery are functioning properly.
- Maintain current knowledge about The Tech’s educational programs, membership, Gallery programs, special events and other visitor-related information.
- Collect and provide input regarding visitor experiences with gallery programs and exhibits.
- Attend staff and volunteer meetings, as assigned.
- Responsibilities include working one day each weekend and some evenings.
- Commitment to The Tech’s mission to inspire the innovator in everyone.
- A genuine passion for science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) education for all ages.
- Experience within the museum or educational fields, with excellent facilitation skills.
- Experience working with the public, school groups and volunteers of all ages.
- Excellent customer service, public speaking and listening skills.
- College degree or working toward college degree in related field preferred.
- Ability to set priorities and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience teaching children and large groups of people.
- Willingness to work weekend days regularly plus some evenings and holidays.
- Ability to adhere to The Tech’s grooming guidelines.
- Fluency in one or more languages common to the San Francisco Bay Area is a plus.
- Ability to stand for extended periods and bend/lift repeatedly as needed.
- Ability to occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds as needed.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, click on the website link.