15 Court Square, Suite 900
This position will report to the Board of Directors and will work with the local state board. The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to: fundraising and development, program promotion and implementation, class recruitment, organizational management and oversight, board coordination, and support for program members and alumnae.
ABOUT EMERGE MASSACHUSETTS
Our Mission: To increase the number of Democratic women leaders from diverse backgrounds in public office through recruitment, training, and providing a powerful network.
Our Vision: To change the face of power, politics, and leadership in this country in order to have policies that are responsive to all Americans.
The Executive Director organizes the Emerge Massachusetts training program and is responsible for building and maintaining the organizational infrastructure. Key areas of focus are:
Strategic Leadership (5%)
- Provide one-stop leaderships for the organization in its commitment to furthering our mission
- Develop a tactical plan to advance the organization’s mission to train Democratic women to pursue public office, and when necessary, collaborate with the Board of Directors to update components of the organizational vision and strategic plan
Revenue Enhancement (35%)
- Direct development efforts, with Board involvement, through signature fundraising events, soliciting major donors, and managing the Advisory and Men’s Leadership Councils
Program Execution (25%)
- Provide oversight and direction of training programs including two 6-month flagship Emerge training programs and a boot camp program
- Recruit, hire and train staff members as authorized by the Board, including program management support and college fellows
- Manage program member recruitment and selection process to ensure a diverse class
Communications and Outreach (20%)
- Create engagement opportunities to maintain strong, mutually supportive relationships with all Emerge Massachusetts alumnae
- Serve as spokesperson for Emerge MA and oversee all external communications, including developing relationships with the press, implementing a communications plan, and managing Emerge’s website and social media accounts
- Represent the organization by participating in coalitions and developing relationships with elected officials, political activists, and community organizations to further mission
General Management (15%)
- Build and manage relationships with the Board of Directors and provide comprehensive support for all board governance, including logistics and preparation for board meetings, participation in board recruitment, development, and training, and support for all board committees
- Provide general oversight for all aspects of organizational management, including but not limited to finances, logistics, personnel, communications, and program execution
The Executive Director will be a passionate, mission-driven leader who values teamwork and collaboration while demonstrating the resilience and self-confidence required to work independently. A hands-on problem-solver, this individual must be an effective fundraiser and persuasive communicator who interacts productively with colleagues and constituents diverse in ethnicity, gender, age, abilities, and economic status. Specific expectations include:
- Demonstrated commitment to Democratic ideals
- Passion for and knowledge of women’s political leadership issues and Massachusetts politics, and experience working on a political campaign
- 4-6 years relevant professional work experience
- Familiarity with principles and techniques of nonprofit management, including board governance, financial management, staffing and personnel management, program management, fundraising, and general administration
- Exceptional communications skills, including excellent skills as a writer and editor in multiple media and confidence as a public speaker
- Ability to develop trusted, effective and multi-directional working relationships with diverse multicultural constituencies, including boards of directors, staff, donors, volunteers and a complex array of supporters and stakeholders
- Effective multi-tasking abilities, efficiency in time management, and strong internal motivation
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Emerge Massachusetts offers a comprehensive benefits package including full health and dental insurance, paid sick leave, paid vacation, and comp/flex time. Salary range is $50,000-$60,000 and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Benefits include full health and dental insurance, paid sick leave, paid vacation, and comp/flex time.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your first and last name and “Executive Director Applicant” in the subject line. Please contact Emerge Massachusetts Board Chair, Puja Mehta at PujaMehta1006@gmail.com if you have any questions.
The application deadline is July 3, 2018 at 5:00 PM.