District of Columbia
CGD is currently seeking a dynamic, organized, and detail-oriented administrative and research professional to support the Chief Operating Officer. The Special Assistant will perform a range of support functions to ensure the Chief Operating Officer can effectively meet the organization’s programmatic and strategic goals. The successful candidate will also support the research of the Chief Operating Officer in Global Health Policy. The incumbent must be able to exercise discretion, good judgment, and significant initiative, while operating with little supervision. To be successful, the Special Assistant must have a clearly defined sense of what needs to be done without waiting for direction. Ideal candidates will have experience with research in economics and/or global health policy with strong analytical, communications, and managerial skills.
This position works at the highest levels of the organization, interfacing regularly with both internal and external constituencies on a broad variety of confidential and complex issues.
The successful candidate will perform a range of duties including, but not limited to, the following:
- Providing confidential and high level administrative support to the COO, including:
- Managing and maintaining COO’s busy calendar
- Facilitating the COO’s accessibility and open lines of communication with staff
- Scheduling meetings, telephone conference and appointments for the COO.
- Answering, screening and directing all incoming calls, visitors, and correspondence.
- Manage various in-house meeting processes and agendas.
- Attend management meetings, coordinate agendas, take notes and ensure timely and appropriate follow up.
- Coordinating and communicating with COO’s co-authors on materials during publication process
- Maintaining and updating manuscript files
- Prepare travel arrangements (domestic and international). Creates detailed itineraries and instructions to manage logistics, secures travel visas and manages travel expenses and reimbursements.
- Gather, summarize and prioritize information needed by the COO in order to make decisions and respond to requests.
Providing global health policy research support to the COO, including:
- Assist with research/conduct data and literature searches for ongoing CGD global health initiatives and projects. Areas of focus include: aid effectiveness in global health, value for money of global health funders, and priority-setting in health for low- and middle-income countries.
- Provide support with all aspects of convening high-level working groups, roundtables, and private meetings, including identification and supervision of co-authors and collaborators, scheduling interviews, doing background research, and drafting background papers.
- Develop presentations, communications materials, and data visualizations.
- Attend meetings/conferences related to research priorities.
- Provide other research, writing, and editing support for reports and documents.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 1-2 years professional experience in related field preferred.
- Poise, confidence and meticulous organizational skills
- Outstanding communications and writing skills in English.
- Essential software skills: Advanced MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
- Familiarity and interest in global health.
- Confidence and can-do attitude. Ability to advance projects with hands-off supervision.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while exercising good judgement.
- Comfort working independently, with small groups, and with senior staff.
- Good humor and collegiality essential.
- Spanish language skills are a plus.
CGD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job. Finalist(s) for this position may be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
Level of Language Proficiency
-Spanish language skills are a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit above link to apply