Details: $1,307 monthly living stipend
1501 N. 45th St
Community Food Education at Solid Ground supports the health and wellness of communities experiencing poverty and oppressions. We provide hands-on educational opportunities for youth and adults alike, around growing, buying, cooking, and eating nutritious foods. Solid Ground’s antiracism lens frames how we approach this service. Our team of AmeriCorps educators lead classes, workshops, and events, to empower communities to navigate their food environments.
Food and Garden Youth Educators will:
- Coordinate and teach food/nutrition classes with 2nd-5th-grade students using engaging, hands-on curricula to Seattle Public Schools students experiencing food insecurity. Deliver dynamic lessons in variable settings: elementary school classrooms, afterschool programming, and in garden spaces.
- Coordinate and teach food/garden classes with diverse groups of youth at Solid Ground’s giving garden at Marra Farm.
- Steward school garden spaces and assist with Marra Farm maintenance and production
- Collaborate with Community Food Education Staff to coordinate events, promotions, and community level systems changes for health
- Administer and grade survey assessments, enter and track data, complete reports in a timely manner
- Coordinate and manage volunteers in delivering programming in alignment with Solid Ground antiracism approach
- Participate in professional development, Anti-Racism Initiative work, and contribute to program development
$5,920 educational award at end of service. Health insurance and childcare program (if eligible). Student loan forbearance & interest accrual payment on qualifying loans.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
You are really applying to two organizations—Solid Ground and the AmeriCorps program.
To apply to Solid Ground we will need the following:
- Cover letter that demonstrates your passion and fit for this service, and indicates your interest for this position.
After submitting your materials to Solid Ground, we will reach out via email with a link to the AmeriCorps application portal. To qualify for this AmeriCorps position, you must complete their application as well.
You must provide all of the documents listed above to be considered for this position.