Part-time Coordinator of Volunteers / Program Support
- Job posted by Cancer Support Community Central New Jersey
Details: This position pays $15-$20 per hour.
3 Crossroads Drive
Cancer Support Community Central NJ (CSCCNJ) is a non-profit on a mission to change the lives of all people affected by cancer, so that no one faces cancer alone. Our team works to reduce the emotional and social burden of this disease, providing the hope needed to envision a future beyond cancer. Through our professional evidence-based model of support, we seek to improve one’s quality of life, overall wellness and health outcomes, and reduce the risk of disease by addressing the needs of the whole person, and their entire family through their very personal journey with cancer.
Our Coordinator of Volunteers / Program Support will help ensure that we maintain the highest program and service delivery standards, and engage the passion and talent of volunteers to help us achieve our life changing mission.
- Provides administrative support to the program staff, which will help ensure a quality experience for individuals and families who access our vital programs and services.
- Supports the development of the program calendar, from planning and production to distribution and mailings. Works with instructors and facilitators regarding scheduling and logistics.
- Creates and maintains timely and accurate participant data records in Salesforce, including updates to contact information and attendance tracking. Maintains program data, and conducts follow-up with both instructors and facilitators as well as our participants on an as-needed basis.
- Conducts follow-up with new participants, including the mailing of Welcome Packets.
- Tracks memorandums of understandings and other agreements with facilitators, instructors and partner organizations.
- Participates in regular quality assurance, including audits and reporting.
- Works with the entire staff to identify volunteer needs in the form of projects and daily work assignments that support general operations and events.
- Manages volunteer recruitment, placements, tracking, and reporting.
- Works with CEO to maintain and develop volunteer policy and procedures.
- Collects and maintains all volunteer data in Salesforce.
- Documents volunteer engagement with photographs and write-ups for the website and social media.
- Responds to ongoing inquiries from prospective individual volunteers in a timely manner and follows up appropriately to determine potential fit.
- Provides a regular orientation as part of an on-boarding process for new volunteers. Conducts other training as necessary to ensure volunteers perform their jobs effectively.
- Ensure that volunteers are properly recognized each year.
- Works with the program staff to create volunteer opportunities for youth and teens, including the development of clubs. Ensures that participants are appropriately informed about volunteer opportunities.
- Supports the Development Manager in building strong relationships with corporate partners. Ensures corporate volunteers have well defined projects and a quality experience during their assignments. May represents the organization at corporate volunteer or health fair events. Provides reporting on all activities as needed.
Level of Language Proficiency
- 1-2 years of office or related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), nonprofit databases, including donor and client management platforms such as Salesforce.
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal), interpersonal skills (with all constituents and colleagues). Experience with effective public speaking and presentations.
- Ability to manage multiple project activities to completion and meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Strong collaboration and team-building skills; ability to thrive in a small team environment.
- Self-starter with demonstrated flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information with complete discretion.
Minimum Education Required