National Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications (CHI #1819-04)
- Job posted by American Lung Association
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a National Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications to join our incredible team in the Chicago Office. Working as a member of the Marketing & Communications Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing strategic marketing counsel on LUNG FORCE and other key projects as needed, as well as supporting the nationwide marketing and communication efforts. You will work closely with the LUNG FORCE team and the Marketing & Communications team to implement marketing strategy, and project manage and implement marketing activities, including managing graphic design and video production.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications and LUNG FORCE teams to serve the organization’s needs for marketing plans and promotional content.
- Assist in planning, development and execution of LUNG FORCE Advocacy Day activities, including video and still photography needs.
- Coordinate and oversee the development of LUNG FORCE Walk, Expo and general marketing collateral, advertising creative, video needs and other creative assets.
- Implement marketing strategies on priority assets outside of main pulse periods (e.g., World Lung Cancer Day, Giving Tuesday, EOY Giving, World Cancer Day, National Cancer Survivors Day, LUNG FORCE Walks, LUNG FORCE Expos, lung cancer research, State of Lung Cancer report, Pilot Signature Events, etc.).
- Project manage LUNG FORCE constituent engagement, including influencers.
- Provide strategic marketing ideas/plans and content for Turquoise Takeover every year.
- Working closely with the National Director, Brand Management and Creative Services, manage the nationwide design help desk for the Marketing & Design Team, prioritizing and managing marketing and design requests.
- Develop and support best in-class marketing programs supporting other assigned American Lung Association campaigns.
- Manage nationwide video production from ideation to final execution of marketing tactics.
- Gather RFPs for specific projects, hire outside vendors, and work with internal and external stakeholders to develop scripts and storyboards, recruit talent and set-up shoot days.
- Manage shoot days with an eye toward fiscal responsibility.
- Oversee the review and approval process for final video products.
- Work with marketing and communications staff to leverage video assets through digital advertising, social media, Lung.org and blog content, PSA distribution, and more.
- Work with the field to coordinate regional video production and, reviewing and approving video for nationwide use.
- Help create video for social media, as needed.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Marketing or related required.
- Minimum five to seven years of experience in coordinating and overseeing graphic design projects and video production.
- Experience in non-profits carrying out effective strategy and execution of marketing campaigns, and managing a large number of projects and programs is ideal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with strong PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Knowledge of Premier Pro video editing software a must. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Self-motived, highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to drive change and manage performance in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, along with the ability to influence individuals to move projects forward.
- Ability to work individually or on a team with limited direct supervision.
- Strong, analytical and problem-solving skills with a common sense and practical solutions orientation.
- Keen understanding of current marketing trends.
- Able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Some travel required – approx. 10%
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
The American Lung Association offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, Matching 403(b), Paid Vacation/Sick/Holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send or e-mail letter of application and resume with salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V