Details: This position pays an hourly rate of $15.45
1615 West Chicago Avenue
Assists in carrying out the mission and goals of the Illinois Domestic Violence Hotline by coordinating general office and clerical support functions required for the day to day operations of the program. This position is a Part-Time, 24 hour a week position.
Office Management (approximately 45% of the position)
- Performs general office management duties including maintaining files, ordering supplies, and organizing the hotline suite.
- Monitors office equipment and arranges for services as needed
- Coordinate with Loop office to ensure check stubs and other materials get to the Hotline
- Assists with scheduling and documentation of staff and supervisor meetings
- Supports Hotline Director in tracking benefit time and other administrative details
- Reports monthly expenditures to Hotline Director
Outreach / Material Coordination (approximately 45% of the position)
- Maintains inventory of Hotline outreach materials and replenishes materials as needed
- Prepares materials for public distribution upon request of staff or public
- Coordinates with other staff to prepare materials for public distribution
- Represents Hotline at outreach events or meetings as assigned
- Collaborates with Hotline staff, supervisors, and director to generate up to date materials for outreach
Hotline Support (approximately 5% of the position)
- Coordinates / performs bi-yearly digital database resource check
- Generate and updates paper-based resource directory
- Works with Director to schedule quarterly in-service trainings for VIRAs and Supervisors
- Answer Hotline calls as necessary
Other (approximately 5 % of the position)
- Attend and actively participate in departmental and staff meetings
- Protect The Network’s value by keeping information confidential
- Update knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining networks; participating in professional organizations
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required for this position
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in an office environment is preferred
- Strong verbal and written skills required
- Knowledge of domestic violence and/or women’s issues and strong commitment to social justice and ability to create and manage social change efforts
- Strong project management skills
- Strong writing and platform skills for both online and traditional media
- Strong presentation and networking skills
- Practice in appropriate conflict resolution methods leading to positive solutions
- 40 Hour Domestic Violence training required within 90 days of hire
Computer and software knowledge
- Strong compute skills and experience in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required
- Experience with iCarol, Nortel, and Infonet database preferred
- Proficiency desired social media platforms - Twitter, Facebook, etc.
The Network provides prorated benefits - vacation, sick and personal time as well as professional development opportunities.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter with the subject line “your last name, first name.” No phone calls please.