Details: $1,500 stipend
1800 West Loop South
POSITION TITLE: Senior Project Supervisor
LOCATION: Latin America (Various Locations Available)
TRAVEL: 7-day spring training in Houston
DURATION: 11 – 14 weeks over summer
COMPENSATION: Round trip airfare to project location, room and board for the duration of the project, transportation during the program and a $1,500 stipend.
Amigos de las Américas (AMIGOS) is a leader in international youth development, creating a world in which young people realize their full potential as leaders and global citizens. We provide extraordinary opportunities for youth to design and lead projects in collaboration with US and Latin American peers and partner organizations across the Americas. Our strong partner network, built over 50 years, enables authentic engagements in communities across the region.
The Senior Project Supervisor (SPS) works in partnership with the Project Director (PD) and Associate Project Director (APD). The SPS shares responsibility for planning, implementing and evaluating the program, supervising project leadership, and enhancing relationships with partner agencies. One of the main responsibilities of the SPS is to coordinate support of the project supervisors. The senior project supervisor coordinates with the project director to plan and manage logistical aspects of the project including transportation, lodging, materials purchasing and tracking, etc., and is usually responsible for the direct supervision of one or two communities. The senior leadership team has the opportunity to define their working relationship and divide tasks and responsibilities according to skill and interests.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish and English.
- Experience working internationally in the developing world.
- Agree to be on-call for 3-4 months of the duration of the summer program.
- Completion of all online, webinar, and in-person trainings.
- Experience with group facilitation and work with high school youth.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and willingness to learn customer relationship management software.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervised and supported by Project Director and Regional Director.
- Maintains communication with Summer Project Staff and Programs Department.
- Collaborates with the Senior Project Staff to create a successful working relationship, dividing responsibilities to promote effective completion of tasks.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Prior experience with AMIGOS programs.
- Responds appropriately to crisis situations.
- Exemplifies fiscal responsibility and effective budget management.
- Demonstrates effective teamwork & communication skills.
- Demonstrates responsible decision making and creative and constructive problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates effective time-management skills and self-care.
- Facilitates training methodologies that are appropriate for a diversity of learners and demonstrates confidence speaking in public.
- Uses tact and sensitivity in interactions with all AMIGOS constituents (eg. professionalism, proper attire, culturally sensitive communication with partner agencies).
- Provides effective support and guidance for diverse youth volunteers.
- Communicates effectively in English & Spanish.
- Implements positive community development strategies with host communities & partner agency representatives.
- Utilizes effective methodologies for evaluating AMIGOS projects and making recommendations for the future
- Successfully mobilizes resources for the project.
- Reports to the Project Director.
- In communication as needed with on-call staff.
Round trip airfare to project location, room and board for the duration of the project, transportation during the program and a $1,500 stipend.
Level of Language Proficiency
Working knowledge of English and Spanish (written and spoken).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- Review full description and responsibilities at https://amigosinternational.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/2019-Summer-Immersion-Senior-Project-Supervisor-Job-Description.pdf
- Fill out an application at https://amigosinternational.org/apply/
- Include a resume, cover letter, and two recommendation letters with online application.