121 Steuart Street
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
Working closely with the Grants Manager and Program Officers within the organization, this position is responsible for managing the activities of JCF supporting foundations, endowment funds, and operating funds, including grantmaking, governance, record-keeping, and interacting with boards of directors/committee members. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive grant administration, including monitoring approvals, reviewing and processing new requests, requests for grant payments, and special requirements for grants to a wide variety of local, national, and international organizations.
- Processing, acknowledging, and tracking of grant proposals, and letters of inquiry. Review of meeting action items and details with senior staff pre- and post-meeting.
- Field and respond to frequent internal/external inquiries regarding grant applications and/or other issues.
- Maintain existing foundation files in an organized fashion and develop new record-keeping systems as needed.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO
- BA/BS degree required.
- Two years’ work experience is preferred, especially with a background in grants management/grants processing.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and a pleasant, professional demeanor.
- Ability to handle confidential materials.
- High-level of computer literacy (MS Office Suite), including ability to establish/follow document management protocol.
- Desire to develop professionally.
- Previous nonprofit experience preferred.
- Previous experience with Microedge GIFTS grantmaking and FIMS accounting applications, or a demonstrated aptitude with databases is a plus.
A Great Location
We’re located in San Francisco's financial district (unless otherwise stated), with close proximity to public transportation, great restaurants, shopping, food trucks, and theater. Plus, we’re right across the street from the Ferry Building, which is acclaimed for the quality and diversity of its fresh farm products and artisanal foods.
We provide employer-sponsored medical, vision and dental coverage, company-paid life insurance, 403(b) retirement plans with employer contribution, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, and tax-free deductions for transportation and parking.
Compensation & Time Off
We offer competitive pay and provide up to four weeks of vacation, as well as sick pay, flexible work schedules, federal and Jewish holidays off, and a paid sabbatical.
Our Work Environment
We have an inclusive, collaborative, open culture that values people as our greatest asset – that’s why we encourage growth and professional development. We have staff and peer recognition programs and provide ergonomic assessments and accommodations. There is lots of space for your bike, we know how to throw an awesome holiday party, and, when the sun is out, we have amazing rooftop BBQs with a view that spans the entire Embarcadero. We also enjoy a healthy dose of competition when it comes to baking cook-offs and, yes, we even share those recipes.
If you’re bright, driven, and enjoy working with a talented group of people in a learning-friendly, rapidly evolving environment, we want to hear from you.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org