Position: Program Manager
Full-time (Santa Clara)
The Program Manager will be our first hire and will oversee the establishment of initial programming and services, to meet the needs of justice-involved girls in the county, to participate as a leader in the larger initiative, and to work closely with the Executive Director in developing and maintaining strong ties to community partners, developing relationships with potential partners, engaging youth program participants, and ensuring the successful delivery of all community-based programs and fulfillment of annual, collaborative, and programmatic goals.
- Establish and maintain relationships and partnerships with stakeholders that benefit justice-involved girls and support organizational and initiative goals.
- Establish programming for girls in detention in Santa Clara County utilizing YWFC’s lift us down curriculum and ensuring strong relationships, staff clearance, proper training, etc.
- Participate as an active member of Santa Clara County’s Gender Responsive Task Force and the Larger City/ County-wide initiative to end the incarceration of girls in the county.
- Support the hiring and training of staff to provide services to girls in detention, upon release at YWFC, and through re-entry and supportive programs.
- Oversee YWFC’s detention programs serving girls ensuring quality relationships amongst facilities (and their staff) and YWFC staff, that YWFC is in compliance with facilities contracts and is exceeding expectations of the facility, and to support the ongoing cultivation of relationships.
- Ensure all staff, volunteers, etc. working with youth in detention and or with girls in the community are properly trained and maintain proper clearances
- Ensure evaluations, research, and special projects are implemented and thorough
Support the establishment of leadership of justice involved young women and girls in the county
What we are Looking for
The ideal candidate has strong ties to the San Jose/ Santa Clara County Community and a deep understanding of the issues facing young system involved women and girls
Is deeply committed to the mission and vision of the Young Women’s Freedom Center and has a commitment to the leadership of young women and girls
Innovative, thoughtful, and action oriented
Bi-lingual English/ Spanish
Understanding the criminal, juvenile justice systems and the current landscape of services, advocacy, and systems change work in California and the United States.
Experienced in program and curriculum development and oversight, project and people management, and working in a start-up environment
At least two years of youth program coordination/management experience
This is a Full-time, temporary position (24-months).
Salary/ Benefits: $55,000 + health benefits
Health and dental benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual, English and Spanish.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and a thoughtful, one-page cover letter to email@example.com, using the subject line “Program Manager Santa Clara County”
We strongly encourage candidates who hold marginalized identities and nontraditional professional backgrounds to apply. Young Women’s Freedom Center does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we’re not able to respond personally to every candidate. We do review every submission carefully and we will contact those who we’d like to interview.