Bilingual Perinatal Mental Health Coordinator
50 Park Place
Responsible for providing support, education and referral information via phone to women at risk for, or already experiencing, postpartum depression (PPD), including those that experience a perinatal loss. Provide education on PPD and perinatal loss while also establishing support groups in Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Sussex, Union and Warren Counties.
- Provide follow-up care via the Emotional Health Phone Support Program to perinatal women delivering and receiving care at Partnership member hospitals, community-based agencies and home visitation programs in Northern New Jersey.
- Collaborate with the New Jersey ‘Speak Up When You’re Down’ helpline and other community/hospital based mental health services to facilitate connection between patients who need perinatal mental health treatment.
- Establish expectant/new mothers/bereavement support groups at community-based organizations such as early head starts, family success centers, faith-based and other family-centered organizations located in the 8 counties covered by the PPD program.
- Maintain Perinatal Mental Health Provider Directory and Support Group Resource Listing for Northern NJ.
- Conduct PPD education for Partnership member hospital staff, community-based providers, and consumers, including perinatal women, their partners and other family members located in the 8 counties covered by the PPD program.
- Plan and organize community events such as health fairs and workshops for expectant women, new mothers, and women who have experienced a perinatal loss who reside in the 8 counties covered by the PPD program.
- Assist in planning and executing of professional conferences, trainings/presentations to Partnership member hospital staff and community-based organizations located in the 8 counties covered by the PPD program.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including public, private and non-profit organizations, county departments and health insurance advocacy organizations to increase awareness and support of perinatal mental health issues in Northern New Jersey.
- Complete required documentation for all activities and the program’s quarterly report.
- Maintain own functioning vehicle in good working condition at all times.
- Handle other duties as requested.
- Bilingual required. Preferred languages: Arabic, Creole and/or Spanish.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, social work, psychology, counseling or related field.
- Two years' experience in perinatal mental health.
- Knowledge of support and community resources within Northern New Jersey.
- Experience working with culturally diverse communities and ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Strong verbal, written and computer literacy skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Medical Insurance Plan w/Employer-Paid Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Dental Insurance Plan
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Life Insurance Plan
- Long-term Disability Insurance Plan
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual (English/Arabic) or (English/Creole)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email résumé, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Irina Polanco-Ventura, MA, LCCE
Program Manager, Perinatal Mood Disorders Initiative
Partnership for Maternal and Child Health of Northern New Jersey
50 Park Place, Suite 700
Newark, NJ 07102
Submissions without a cover letter and/or salary requirement will not be considered. We thank you for your interest in working for The Partnership. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.