Database, Publications, and Office Coordinator
- Job posted by Earthquake Engineering Research Institute
499 14th Street
EERI (www.eeri.org) is a non-profit membership-supported technical society dedicated to reducing earthquake risk. It has an international audience of professionals from many disciplines associated with earthquake engineering and risk management. Our members are organized into volunteer committees, projects, and both regional and student chapters that conduct activities to achieve our mission. A small seven-person staff runs the organization from a casual professional office at City Center in downtown Oakland on the BART line.
EERI seeks a proactive, collaborative, technology-savvy, organized, and flexible candidate to serve as our Database, Publications, and Office Coordinator. The position fits someone with a strong attention to detail who is interested in data accuracy and analysis, an eagerness to engage with co-workers and the EERI membership, the ability to prioritize multiple ongoing tasks and pivot quickly, and an ability to quickly learn new software, skills, and technology. A successful candidate will be someone who derives satisfaction from problem-solving, and is adept and comfortable working in a collaborative fast-paced environment.
The position is full-time (37.5 hours per week) and reports to the Executive Director. This position requires long hours of sitting and using office equipment and computers. Light lifting of supplies and materials may be necessary from time to time.
It is possible the candidate will be asked to provide support at the EERI’s Annual Meeting if organization funds allow, so the candidate should to be available to travel to the conference venue. In 2018, the Annual Meeting corresponds with the 11th National Conference on Earthquake Engineering (11NCEE) that will take place in Los Angeles California from June 24-30.
1. Membership Support and Database Oversight: Manage membership database, billings, and correspondence. Ensure membership data is robust and accurate. Conduct straightforward research/analysis assignments and create unique reports of data. Assist with EERI membership recruitment and retention activities, including annual renewal campaign.
2. Publications Management: Maintain a publication inventory, process sales, and fulfill orders as they are received via Amazon and EERI’s Knowledge Center (online store). Manage subscriptions to Earthquake Spectra and provide other necessary payment and administrative support.
3. Financial Processing: Conduct payment invoicing, processing, and confirmation correspondence. Support Controller by various financial tracking activities.
4. Office Support: Monitor EERI’s primary, public email address, respond to all routine requests in a timely fashion, and forwarding complicated items to other staff members as needed. Professionally answer phones and host front desk. Maintain the reception area, conference room, storage rooms and kitchen/shipping room. Receive and distribute incoming mail and deliveries, coordinate outgoing mail and shipments. Order refreshments for office meetings.
5. Communications Support: Routine updating of graphic and text content on EERI websites. Prepare and send email blasts and other routine member-specific communications.
6. Administrative support for the Executive Director: Create membership, registration and publication reports. Compile and prepare materials for Board Meetings. Occasionally support meetings and conference calls by scheduling, preparing documents and other shared material, note taking, and associated follow-up tasks.
7. Annual Meeting & Event Support: Lead registration planning and implementation, shipments, and various other logistical tasks as assigned.
Desired Relevant Experience:
- Two to five years working in a professional environment
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects and assignments
- Recent experience with database management, data entry, and analysis.
- Recent experience with order fulfillment and payment processing.
- Recent experience providing administrative and clerical office support
- Experience working with non-profit organizations
- Strong task and project management skills
- IT savvy, including website updating using content management systems (Joomla, WordPress)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite (Gmail, Drive), including mail merge functions.
- Familiarity with database management
- Familiarity with common financial accounting practices
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
It is anticipated that the salary range will be from $50,000 to $55,000 based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience. EERI provides a comprehensive employee benefits package, paid vacation, holidays, and sick days.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and brief statement of interest.