2200 Halethorpe Farms Road
Overall purpose of the position: An integral member of the Donor Services Team, the Donor Relations Coordinator is responsible for gift entry, donor record upkeep, and donor acknowledgements. The Coordinator will also answer donor inquiries via phone and email in a timely manner or redirect questions to other team members. The Coordinator will collaborate with Gift Officers and the finance department to correctly attribute donations and complete gift paperwork as needed as well as run reports and data pulls for the Donor Database Manager.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year institution required. Degree in computer science, data management, or nonprofit administration preferred.
Experience: At least one year prior experience in a customer service role or development department is required. The candidate must be an avid learner with an interest in nonprofit data management.
Qualifications and Skills: This employee should be an enthusiastic team member with an ability to think innovatively about upgrades to data management and processes. S/he should be highly organized and attentive to details. S/he should be able to set priorities and complete assignments independently. The coordinator should be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and Word. S/he should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be courteous, friendly and professional with donor interactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Accurately enter donations daily from a multitude of sources into the Raiser’s Edge
· Work with gift officers and finance department to determine appropriate attribution of gifts; ensure everyone is informed about designations.
· Update constituent address data from returned mail, donor requests, etc.
· Complete required paperwork for matching gift requests
· Aid the Donor Database Manager with data health efforts
· Work with Donor Database Manager on department data requests and dashboards
· Produce a variety of donor mailings including in-house acknowledgements, annual statements, and pledge reminders
· Answer donor inquiries via phone and email
· Produce weekly report to help External Affairs stay abreast of recent donations
· Help the Stewardship Specialist and other EA team members with donor cultivation mailings and activities on an as-needed basis
Essential Working Conditions
This position is required to work during periods of high volume (i.e. end of calendar and fiscal year).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
No phone calls, please!
Include cover letter with resume. RESUMES WITHOUT COVER LETTERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Outstanding benefits package, including comprehensive medical benefits,403(b) match and generous PTO policy.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply by visiting the Careers Page of the Maryland Food Bank by going to https://mdfoodbank.org/careers/.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.