Details: AmeriCorps Living Allowance
12736 33rd Avenue Northeast
The Food Coordinator AmeriCorps member will directly support the mission of North Helpline by sourcing, securing, sorting, storing and distributing food to those in need. They will directly address hunger and isolation among low-income, senior and disabled persons in 5 Seattle zip codes. They will work with volunteers at North Helpline to increase organizational capacity in meeting the community demand for food assistance at North Helpline’s 2 food banks. Over the course of their AmeriCorps term, they will provide senior and disabled people with food as well as referrals and access to additional services that will increase their overall wellbeing.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift 50 lbs
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Experience working with or as a volunteer preferred
- Conflict resolution skills
- Proficient in basic computer applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets, Gmail, and web based database (salesforce)
- Demonstrated capability to conduct one’s self in a calm and professional demeanor when interacting with diverse populations and/or with difficult situations
- Effective oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a sometimes chaotic environment with daily deadlines
- Monthly stipend of $1,307 before deductions and withholdings
- Basic health insurance (not including vision coverage)
- Bus pass
- Food Assistance: May be eligible depending on overall income. Most AmeriCorps received ~ $200/month. https://www.dshs.wa.gov/esa/community-services-offices/state-food-assistance-program-fap
- Student Load Forbearance: https://www.nationalservice.gov/resources/ed-award/forbearance/
- Education Award: $5,920 (awarded upon completion)
Level of Language Proficiency
Multi lingual preferred!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Search@northhelpline.org with Food Coordinator in the subject. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and interviews will be scheduled. We are looking to fill the position ASAP. Please don’t wait to apply!