40 Broad Street, 5th Floor
TITLE: Operations Associate
DATE PREPARED: February 2018
FPWA is an anti-poverty, policy and advocacy organization whose mission is to promote the social and economic well-being of greater New York’s most vulnerable by advocating for just public policies and strengthening human service organizations. FPWA has a membership network of nearly 180 human service and faith based organizations that operate over 1,200 programs throughout the New York City metro area. Together we serve over 1.5 million low-income New Yorkers and strive to reduce poverty, advance upward mobility and create shared prosperity.
FPWA’s multifaceted programming creates transformative results for nonprofit staff and the places they serve. We advocate tirelessly on behalf of our membership network of 180 health and human service organizations through establishing poverty-reducing policies and programs that provide sustained results. Our capacity-building work enhances the impact of our member agencies to better provide services while simultaneously delivering immediate assistance to address their clients’ urgent needs.
FPWA seeks a full-time Operations Associate with a strong interest in technology and data analysis to assist with contracting, data management, operations planning and reporting across our functional areas. This position will perform administrative and support tasks related to the functioning of the organization, intersecting financial, office, human resource, and operations needs of the organization. The position is supervised by the Chief of Administration & Executive Affairs, and provides support to the Director of Finance and Human Resource Manager.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
As part of the operations team, duties will include:
Organizational Planning and Performance Management
• Works closely with Chief of Administration & Executive Affairs to ensure timely planning, management and tracking of organizational operations plan including analysis and reporting of related data points and benchmarks
• Ensures that all data on organization-wide metrics, related program activities and outcomes is entered by relevant staff completely and correctly using the Salesforce platform in a timely fashion
• When necessary, performs quantitative and qualitative analyses on programs and report results to senior management
• Provides administrative support to the Chief of Administration & Executive Affairs in the execution of his/her work as it relates to planning and operations management
• Works closely with program directors and managers to establish contract timelines, ensure compliance, and meet contractual deadlines and deliverables.
• Works closely with finance team to manage contract budgeting and staffing allocations across contracts for staff who work in multiple programs
• Analyzes contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and corporate and government policies and business unit procedure
• Maintains deadlines on deliverables and communicates on an ongoing basis with partners and team about contractual issues
• Actively documents and pursues variations/claims through tracking schedule
• Partner with Finance and Operations lead to oversee overall contract management, budget allocation and foster compliance
• Coordinate with the Facilities & IT Manager to manage supply stocks, ordering supplies as needed
• Providing administrative support for internal meetings and event planning including but not limited to ordering supplies, food and other material as needed
• Reconciling organizational credit card as it relates to purchasing responsibilities
• Provide ad hoc administrative support to other departments in FPWA as required
• Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE INCLUDE
• A minimum of three years experience working in a similar office environment
• Excellent MS Office skills
• Experience with Salesforce an advantage
• Articulate with an extremely professional self-presentation and outstanding interpersonal skills
• Polite and tactful and able to maintain composure under pressure
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proactive and solution-orientated, able to use initiative and work independently
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize effectively and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• An excellent team player
Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 403b retirement plan along with vacation and sick leave.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send email with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject Operations Associate.
No phone calls or other inquiries please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FPWA is committed to employing people who reflect the diversity of our member agencies and the communities and people they serve.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.