Details: Commensurate with Experience
150 Court Street
The Development and Communications Manager will make an important contribution to our broad foundation and government fundraising, and support our communications activities. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional communicator, researcher and writer, and will work with the Director of Development, agency leadership, and program teams to produce persuasive written collaterals including proposals, reports, and other materials that represent AAFSC’s mission and its diverse programming—Adult Education and Literacy, Anti-Violence Program, Health Program, Legal Services, Preventive Services, and Youth Program. A commitment to immigrant, refugee and low-income communities is essential for success in this role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write and copy-edit high-quality proposals, applications, reports, concept notes, briefs, letters of inquiry, acknowledgements, and other written materials for submission to private and government funders in support of AAFSC programming.
- Support coordination of applications and reports for grants from major city, state and federal government agencies, corporations, and foundations.
- Support Capacity Building and Organizational Learning team in evaluating program frameworks, logic models, outcomes, and indicators for optimal impact reports.
- Work with AAFSC’s leadership to expand revenue sources through prospect identification, research, and strategic outreach.
- Support the creation and management of fundraising plan, grants calendar, and update income streams throughout fiscal year.
- As needed, contact prospective and current donors through electronic and in-person communication.
- Ensure accuracy in record-keeping related to funding, and funder’s history/profiles including but not limited to donor databases.
- Support in development, planning, management and implementation of fundraising and cultivation activities.
- Develop and continually update events calendar.
- Support the development of the organization’s visual brand, ensuring consistency in voice, visuals, and messaging across various communications platforms.
- Manage the maintenance, technology support, and content updating of AAFSC web site and social media platforms in coordination with Director of Development.
- Draft and send organizational newsletters and eBlasts through Online Express in coordination with Director of Development.
- Support the production of fundraising materials including but not limited to Annual Impact Report Card and event flyers.
- Prepare press releases and press kits.
- Attend professional development and capacity building trainings in line with various grant requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2 years related experience in grant writing, prospect research and reporting (including budgets and financial reporting) with a proven track record of securing funding and a working knowledge of funding processes.
- Excellent research, analytic, and written and oral communication skills with an ability to articulate ideas and programs into convincing donor collaterals.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, follow-up, and administrative skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, and as a part of a team, in a deadline-driven environment.
- Successful candidate must be flexible, adaptable and a problem solver that is willing to collaborate during unexpected change of plans.
- Strong computer and technological skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Suite, CRM systems, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Individuals with background in journalism or other persuasive writing skills are welcome to apply.
- Individuals with previous professional or personal experience with new immigrants and refugees are encouraged to apply.
Our full-time employees receive the following:
- 12 sick days
- 5 floating holidays
- 15 vacation days per year (up to 3 years); 20 vacation days per year after 3 years of employment
- After 3 months, eligible for health, dental, and vision insurance (individual is fully covered at 100%; additional family is covered by employee under or outside of plan)
- 403b Plan
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Voluntary Aflac coverage
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit 3 references (other than relatives), a resume and a thoughtful cover letter outlining how your skills and experiences meet the responsibilities and qualifications of the position via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone queries please. All cover letters and resumes must be submitted via email. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.