Do you enjoy sharing stories of hope and developing relationships? Are you interested in creating and leading strategies to increase community support and advance Devereux’s mission?
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health California is seeking a full-time Director of Development and External Affairs, based out of the Santa Barbara area. This is an ideal position for a driven individual with stellar communication skills to work alongside our Executive Director in planning, organizing, and implementing continuous effective fundraising programs.
What Will This Opportunity Offer You?
- Use your expertise to design and implement a comprehensive, strategic plan for development by cultivating individual and philanthropic support through annual giving, major and planned giving, special events, and corporate and foundation support.
- Enhance donor management efforts by retaining and stewarding current donors, analyzing donor data, identifying new prospects, and cultivating volunteers for personal philanthropy, as well as solicitation efforts.
- Inspire other compassionate community members to join our advisory board and make a difference in the lives of our individuals.
- Strengthen current relationships and build new partnerships by conducting professional external communication with client families, community members, and potential stakeholders.
- Promote client quality of life and continue positive relationships with client families by planning Devereux events and fundraisers.
This role will allow you to work for a national industry leader that offers a strong support system and is driven to continually grow and serve our most vulnerable populations.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field.
- Minimum of two years of professional development or related experience.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and persuasive communication competence.
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside Devereux.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Proficient computer skills and mastery of Microsoft Office applications; Raisers Edge experience a plus.
- Must have consistent writing and editing skills.
Devereux is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Visit http://benefits.devereux.org to see why we are a great place to work!
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required