Promise Neighborhood Middle-High School Transition Coordinator
- Job posted by Center For Family Services
Established in 1920, the Center for Family Services (CFS) has been committed to uplifting individuals and families through an innovative continuum of care. Its efforts are focused on serving more than 10,000 families annually through early childhood, supportive housing, homeless prevention, workforce development, and several crisis hotlines. In 2017, CFS was awarded a 5-year implementation grant from the Department of Education to implement the Camden Promise Neighborhood (CPN) Initiative, a neighborhood based effort to improve education and create family economic stability for Camden families through a cradle-to college-to career continuum of services. This initiative seeks to improve academic achievement and family economic success in the lowest performing schools and neighborhoods in Camden. The four neighborhoods targeted are: Cooper Lanning, Bergen Square, Centerville, and Liberty Park.
CFS is seeking a full-time, experienced coordinator who is passionate about ensuring quality education and support services for vulnerable children and their families. The Middle-High School Transition Coordinator will be responsible for working with the Camden City School District (focused on Wiggins Family School and Camden High) and KIPP Cooper Norcross Academy to oversee and coordinate all middle school and high school academic and mentoring programs, services, and activities; ensure seamless transitions of services across the middle school to high school portion of the birth to college pipeline; and identify and address programming gaps. The Middle-High School Transition Coordinator will work closely with the CPN Social Solutions Team and CPN College and Career Readiness Team to ensure full integration of academic and social supports for target children and families and use data to assess educational outcomes, solicit feedback, and support continuous quality improvement.
Reports To: CPN Operations Director
- Integrated Program Management
- Ensures program elements are aligned to Promise Neighborhood Implementation Plan and supports the middle school and high school academic programs, and enrichment goals of students in daytime and after school programs.
- Works collaboratively with school administrative team, school personnel, students and families to seek input on needs and address barriers to learning and coordinating appropriate services and referrals.
- Collaborate with school staff and social services team on addressing chronic absenteeism and challenges to academic performance, including participating in EWS meetings, Chronic Absenteeism meetings, CPN Data Governance Board, Results Count-related meetings and projects.
- Supports, coordinates and evaluates the effectiveness of middle school and high school transition-related educational programs and activities implemented by the CPN effort.
- Ensures that transformative progress is made towards meeting CPN’s outcomes and performance measures.
- Organizes and attends various school meetings and other outreach and related events (program culminations, press events, open houses, community events, etc).
- Effectively coaches a team of high-quality staff to align resources and programs that target appropriate students on site; meets program and grant compliance goals; and works with school administrative staff to ensure impact and alignment of middle school-high school transition programming.
- Works with families to develop a transition plan to ensure that their children successfully transition between middle to high school.
- Work directly with students and families on college and career needs
- Coordinates the aligned collection and input of evaluation data used to measure ongoing program effectiveness of services and program outcome measures.
- Supports, maintains, and helps publicize a coordinated schedule of CPN and partner programs and activities offered at the school.
- Liaises to ensure aligned internal data collection system, files and tracks documentation for accountability.
- Develops, manages, and coordinates documents needed for alignment internal and external program audits and compliance requirements.
- Supports the timely submission of all required reports and supporting materials.
- Supervises CPN Middle-High School Transition Team, including Middle School Mentoring Site Coordinator, High School Mentoring Site Coordinator, College Experience Coordinator and Wiggins Thru College Success Coach.
- Works with school administrators to support collaboration and integration of CPN’s school enrichment programming into transition efforts.
- Develops and maintains partnerships with community-based organizations to enhance middle school and high school academic and mentoring programs.
- Establishes strong, productive, and trusting relationships with school site staff and administrators to ensure aligned goals and quality programs linking middle school and high school academic programs with school enrichment programming.
- Effectively communicates program goals, logistics, requirements, and needs with all stakeholders: CPN staff, school site staff and administrators, partners, parents, and students.
- Bachelor’s degree required, plus 5 years minimum experience in community, social/human service, public school system and/or volunteer work.
- Experience working with education, youth development, and/or family support programs strongly preferred.
- At least 2 years supervisory experience.
- Experience in using data to drive outcomes.
- Experience working with community partnerships and collaborations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to multitask, meet strict deadlines, and work under time pressure.
- Experience working with individuals of diverse ethnic backgrounds.
- Professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills.
- Access to reliable transportation. If applicable, will be required to present proof of acceptable driving record, current driver’s license, and proof of liability insurance.
- Must pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment with children.
All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center for Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages. For more information, please visit our website at www.centerffs.org.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All interested applicants should email a cover letter, indicating desired position and salary requirements, along with resume.