Details: $16.00/hour with generous benefits package
1551 10th Avenue East
POSITION TITLE: Receptionist & Resource Assistant
STATUS: Full Time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Executive Assistant
COMPENSATION: $16.00/hour with generous benefits package
Summary of Position
The Receptionist & Resource Assistant provides hospitality to guests of the Diocesan House by greeting and assisting visitors, answering multiple phone lines, responding to or directing inquiries to the appropriate department or staff member, maintaining the kitchen and dining areas, and ordering supplies for common usage. The Receptionist & Resource Assistant works as part of a team, with and under the supervision of the Executive Assistant, to provide administrative and clerical support to Program Directors and Canons for implementation of diocesan programs.
· Greet, assist and provide hospitality for visitors. Establish a cheerful atmosphere and make those entering the house feel recognized and welcomed. Notify staff of appointment arrivals; give directions and meeting locations.
· Assist visitors and callers seeking basic information about the Diocese of Olympia.
· Answer multi-line phones, respond to and/or direct inquiries to appropriate department or staff.
· Respond to email requests and/or forward to appropriate staff person or department.
· Distribute incoming and meter outgoing USPS mail.
· Provide assistance to accounting office including photocopying, daily totals, monthly copier & postage machine reports and internal billing.
· Review and develop budget information for Central Services.
· Data entry; database updates, searches and report generation.
· Maintain files and filing for congregation records.
· Review office/hospitality supply inventory; determine need to purchase and place orders; process and code office supply, postage, copier and telephone bills.
· Seek and retain current information regarding USPS requirements for all classes of mailings.
· Operate and assist others with copies, scans, faxes; arrange for equipment repair as needed.
· Collect, maintain, request review and or authorization for continuation of contracts for photocopier, mailing machine, and other area equipment.
· Track staff availability and schedules.
· Schedule room usage for meeting and special events/activities, including updates to the Master Calendar, Online Calendar and remote video-conferencing sites. Confirm staff connections for all meetings, particularly after hours or weekends.
· Light housekeeping in kitchen, dining room & butler’s pantry; fill, run, and empty dishwasher; maintain interior of kitchen refrigerators.
· Unlock and lock front doors each day; turn off/on lights; set alarm if last person to leave.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED and 2-4 years of experience in an office environment, providing administrative or program assistance.
· Computer skills, including use of the Office 365 suite - Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook.
· Event planning and coordinating experience.
· Knowledge of the Episcopal Church preferred.
· Ability to work well with diverse groups and cultures, including volunteers and staff.
· Strong administrative and communication skills.
· Ability to work independently, multi-task, set own priorities to meet deadlines, and perform duties with little or no supervision; good sense of organization.
· A positive attitude, discretion and respect for confidentiality.
· Customer service oriented, serve with patience and diplomacy at all times, gift for hospitality.
· Ability to maintain focus in a sometimes chaotic environment.
· Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds; ability to move conference and office supplies as necessary, rearrange tables, set-rooms, light housekeeping.
· Ability to maintain a consistent work schedule.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your Resume and responses to the Questionnaire linked below to email@example.com with “RECEPTIONIST - YOUR NAME” in the subject line.
Applications are due Monday, April 16, 2018. Interviews will be conducted on Monday, April 23, 2018.