104 West 27th Street, 12th Floor
About Trickle Up:
Trickle Up was founded in 1979 on the belief that people have the power to transform their lives. We help the poorest and most vulnerable people graduate out of extreme poverty by helping them start sustainable businesses and join savings groups where they save money and access credit. Women learn new skills, build self-confidence and resilience, and earn more reliable incomes. Their families eat more and better foods, and they are better able to send their children to school. Women become decision-makers at home, support one another, advocate for their families and communities, and lead more hopeful lives.
Trickle Up works in partnership with local organizations and global institutions focusing on how to grow our impact. We partner with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Tata Communications, MetLife Foundation, state governments of India, the national governments of Paraguay and Nicaragua, and local partners. We are a data-driven organization, and we measure and analyze our impact to adapt and improve our programs.
Trickle Up is headquartered in New York City, with regional offices in India, Guatemala and Burkina Faso. Visit www.trickleup.org for more information.
We are seeking an experienced communications professional who shares a passion for Trickle Up’s mission. The Communications Officer will have lead responsibility for Trickle Up’s website, social media and digital marketing, creative services and production, and communications analytics. The individual will also support the communications and development teams on branding and messaging; press and PR outreach; special events, and fundraising appeals and campaigns.
The Communications Officer will report to the Director of Communications and be a member of a 6-person global communications team, working closely with the President, Vice President of Development, and development team.
Website Management: Manage and maintain Trickle Up’s website, trickleup.org, including:
- Coordination of routine and time-sensitive updates to trickleup.org, including projects, participant stories, impact data, etc.
- Creative and technical development of new or revised webpages and special sections
- Liaison with technical support and maintenance vendors
- Develop content for all sections, including drafting copy, creating graphics and editing photos, and optimize content for desktop, mobile, tablet and other platforms, as necessary
- Management of Trickle Up’s blog, including content development, editing, and process coordination
Social Media and Digital Marketing Coordination: Lead execution of Trickle Up’s social media and digital marketing strategies, including production and coordination of all official Trickle Up social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) and digital advertising (Google Ads, AppNexus) accounts, platform-optimized creative content development, social listening and supporter engagement, and editorial process management.
Creative Services and Production: Produce digital and print communications products including e-mail and print newsletters, fact sheets, participant stories, special reports and research briefs, video and audio presentations, new media, and business collateral. Maintain systems to ensure content is categorized, stored and accessible.
Analysis and Reporting: Produce routine reports tracking key performance metrics for Trickle Up’s website, social media, email and digital marketing; appeals and campaigns; and, press engagements and events.
Messaging and Branding Support: Onboard and train staff on branding and messaging standards; provide technical support to all staff in use of branded templates and accessing and using branding and messaging guidelines; liaise with external vendors or consultants; draft and update resources, talking points and guidelines, as necessary.
Appeals and Campaigns Support: Working closely with the development team, execute creative design and production for all print and digital fundraising appeals and campaigns, including winter appeals, spring appeals, and special campaigns.
Gala and Special Events Support: Execute design and production for all special events and Gala materials, including to print and digital invitations, signage and banners, registration or promotional webpages, and audio and video components.
Press and PR Support: Conduct research on media outlets and markets, and draft press releases, pitches, Op-Eds, and articles for external publication.
- BA degree required in Journalism, Communications, English, Graphic Design (BFA), International Relations, or Political Science
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience
Knowledge and skills
- Exceptional writing, editing, and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency in WordPress and/or web development platforms
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Photoshop and InDesign
- Proficiency in digital marketing analytics platforms, especially Google Analytics and AdWords
- Proficiency with social media publishing platforms, especially Hootsuite
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to prioritize, manage multiple tasks, and consistently meet deadlines
- Works well both independently and as a member of a team
- Optimistic, creative, and solutions-oriented; tackles challenges with maturity and accountability
- Superb people skills and diplomatic demeanor
- Understands the challenges and opportunities of working in a small nonprofit setting
- Demonstrated commitment to mission-driven work
- Proficiency in French or Spanish is a plus but not required
- Enthusiasm and ability to travel to Trickle Up region(s)
Salary and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits for this full-time position. The successful applicant will join a dynamic, passionate, multicultural team deeply committed to the alleviation of extreme poverty. Trickle Up promotes a collegial, high-performance organizational culture in which staff communicate clearly and openly, and are reflective, innovative, and accountable.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered, please click the link and follow the instructions to upload your cover letter and resume. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until Thursday, August 23. Individuals must be authorized to work in the US. We are sorry we are unable to entertain phone calls related to this posting.
Trickle Up is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and extend equal opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential job functions.