Digital Marketing Specialist
District of Columbia
The Digital Marketing Specialist is charged with assisting in the creation, management, and delivery of digital marketing campaigns for NACUBO and its regional affiliates. The incumbent will play a vital role in marketing NACUBO programs and services, as well as three of its regions. The incumbent will create, produce, and deploy marketing e-blasts using an email software system and an association management database to generate comprehensive lists for targeted message distribution. The Specialist will track campaign performance and impact and assist in identifying strategies for increased effectiveness. NACUBO produces a high volume of e-blasts each week, and the Digital Marketing Specialist must be able to effectively manage multiple campaigns in various stages of development, while producing high-quality work.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Communications and Marketing and will be part of a four-member communications and marketing team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Creates visually appealing marketing e-blasts for NACUBO, EACUBO, WACUBO, and SACUBO.
2. Builds and deploys marketing e-blasts using email marketing software system (e.g., HighRoad/Adestra or equivalent).
3. Maintains image files for electronic communications.
4. Ensures sponsor logos for marketing email campaigns are accurate.
5. Proofreads all messages for clarity, grammar, spelling, and bad links.
6. Conducts thorough message testing with marketing team and internal clients for approval before deployment.
7. Creates targeted distribution lists for message dissemination using the association management database (netFORUM).
8. Tracks and monitors campaign performance and generates analytics reports to internal clients.
9. Processes invoices from email marketing software vendor to ensure timely payment.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Excellent attention to detail: The Digital Marketing Specialist must be highly detail-oriented, creating visually appealing email campaigns that are free of typos and grammatical errors.
2. Project management: The incumbent must be able to manage multiple deadlines effectively and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines; possess the ability to work in an evolving environment where priorities may change.
3. Creative: Ability to build visually appealing email marketing campaigns that follow email marketing best practices.
4. Team player: Incumbent must possess team spirit and demonstrate a willingness to work with the team and across the organization with a win-win perspective; and work in a collaborative environment.
1. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, graphic design, or related field, required.
2. Minimum three to five years’ experience in marketing, preferably in an association environment.
3. Skilled in digital content distribution.
4. Demonstrated experience with graphics tools such as Adobe, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
5. Graphic design experience preferred.
6. Highly proficient in email marketing software systems (i.e., HighRoad/Adestra or equivalent), including list creation and audience segmentation.
7. Skilled in association management software; netFORUM experience strongly preferred.
8. Proficient web knowledge including use of a CMS and HTML.
9. Strong proofreading skills and attention to detail.
10. Strong time management skills.
11. Excellent oral communication skills.
12. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
13. The successful individual will be dependable, demonstrate an ability to work in a collaborative team environment as a leader, team member and professional role model.
Minimum Education Required