Details: Salary would depend on Degree and experience
21 Notre Dame Avenue
School Nurse Position
Benjamin Banneker Charter Public Schools is a K-6 school serving a diverse population of students seeking a qualified caring nurse who will become part of the overall school community.
· Administer daily and PRN medications and nursing care procedures prescribed by the student's physician.
· Administer first aide and care to ill or injured students.
· Provide emergency care for students and staff when needed
· Record nursing interventions (following each student visit).
· Maintain up-to-date and cumulative health records for all students.
· Monitor student immunizations (as required by law).
· Submit required health information to Department of Public Health
· Conduct screenings (vision, hearing, etc.) and perform follow ups as needed.
· Provide in-service training for staff (Universal Prec., Allergy Awareness, etc.).
· Create, maintain and oversee implementation of Individual Health Care Plans for students with chronic and acute conditions.
· Communicate health-related policies and information to families
· Authorize exclusion and re-admission of students with infections and/or contagious diseases.
· Assist families in identifying appropriate community health resources.
· Identify students showing signs of abuse or neglect to administration and counselor for referral to the Department of Children and Families,
· Serve on school committees related to health and wellness.
· Provide in-class instruction on health- related topics
RN with current MA license; up to date CPR certification; minimum 2-years school nursing or pediatric health care.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Full-time position on school calendar. Salary commensurate with experience (range 53,000-58,000)
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, long and short term disability
Minimum Education Required