Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
1251 W Devon Ave
GirlForward is a community of support dedicated to creating and enhancing opportunities for girls who have been displaced globally by conflict and persecution. Girlforward participates are ages 14-21 and female-identifying. The community is primarily made up of girls who have come to the US through the refugee resettlement program and represent over 30 countries of origin. There are three main programs at GirlForward: Camp, Safe Spaces, and Mentoring. The Mentoring Program pairs girls with mentors to engage in "4W" activities (Wellness, Wisdom, Wallet and World) in order to explore their passions and graduate from high school.
GirlForward is seeking to fill the position of Program Manager (Mentoring Program) in Chicago. In this position you will, focus primarily on facilitating the relationships of mentors, mentees, and parents. You would be responsible for recruitment, screening, training, monitoring and supporting from the beginning to the end of the relationship. Additionally, the program manager will plan monthly events to cultivate powerful community. Building relationships with the community while exploring themes of identity, power, and culture are integral to success in this role. The program manager works with the Director of Programs and the Mentoring Team to set objectives and manage project based initiatives.
Manage operations of the Mentoring Program
- Recruit, screen, train, monitor and support all participants and volunteers.
- Manage relationships and ensure safety of all mentoring program participants.
- Manage and support other team members in case management tasks.
- Plan monthly Mentoring Program events.
Case Management of mentoring program participants
- Ensuring relationship of mentor and mentee is appropriate and meeting goals.
- Communicating with girl, mentor, and family.
- Problem solving relationship challenges with match.
- Provide support to the participant in community as needed.
- Maintaining detailed records of data including attendance, activities, curriculum, and evaluation metrics
- Conducting regular evaluations of program and check-ins with girls to determine needs and challenges
- Fulfilling relevant administrative duties
- BA in Social Work, Education, International Studies or other relevant fields preferred.
- 1-2 years working with high school aged youth in nonprofit, education, or other community context preferred.
- Must have a strong commitment to social justice and community engagement.
- Must believe in the practice of cultural humility and critically analyze their own identity, culture, power, and belief system in relation to the community.
- Must believe in the power of adolescent girls to create positive change in their communities and the world.
GirlForward is dedicated to building a multicultural work environment where all intersectional identities are valued. GirlForward encourages women, people of color, and those who identify as immigrants or refugees to apply. GirlForward is an equal opportunity employer and consideration for employment is made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Unlimited Paid Time-Off
Flexible Work Day- options to shift days and work remotely when applicable
Health Insurance offered with partial coverage from employer
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of additional languages such as as Arabic, Burmese, or Swahili is a plus!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply via this link: https://goo.gl/forms/yPO7SMf3mTXLPtxj2
APPLICATIONS DUE BY JUNE 1ST.
Direct any application questions to ashley (at) girlforward (dot) org