The Resurrection Project (TRP) has grown to become a powerful and effective social enterprise that seamlessly blends community development, community organizing, and advocacy with human service delivery to create vibrant, healthier, and involved communities. TRP, started with an initial seed capital of $30,000, and its efforts have leveraged over $600 million in community investment.
The organization’s entrepreneurial spirit has transformed its success into a model that strengthens the social fabric of troubled neighborhoods'. TRP’s model includes three-pillars:
· Community Ownership: Provide tools and skills for self-advocacy.
· Community Wealth: Enable financial stability to induce economic mobility.
· Stewardship of Community Assets: Build and preserve assets to revitalize neighborhoods.
The purpose of the Public Funding department is to manage all governmental contract relationships including sourcing, compliance, reporting, subgrantee relationships, and vouchering for all contracts with a public-sector agency.
General Job Description
COVID19 has had an unprecedented impact on the housing and economic security of households across the greater Chicago region. The Grants Manager works closely with the Director of Public Funding and Partnerships and TRP program staff to identify, secure, and manage COVID19 relief funds from government and intermediary sources. The bulk of grant funds will be for rental, mortgage, and utility relief programs. This position is temporary full time through January 2022 with potential extension based on continued funding for relief programs.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide fiscal support and manage a distinct portfolio of government and intermediary housing and economic relief grants s
• Support application, contracting, compliance and Request for Proposal processes
• Provide technical assistance and support for TRP subgrantee program partners including preparation of contracts and agreements, review and approval of subgrantee budgets/budget modifications, and training on applicable policies and procedures.
• Identify areas for process improvement and work collaboratively on interdepartmental grant management processes and improvements
• Prepare, review, and submit funders’ compliance requests on time
• Write complex documents such as briefings, case statements, proposals, reports, and other relevant documents
• Collaborate with Vice President of Full Circle Homes and Manager of Financial Wellness to prospect for government and intermediary relief funding
• Work in conjunction with Accounting/Finance and program directors to develop/revise grant budgets
• Support partnerships and communication with government and intermediary institutions and sub-grantee agencies
• Provide technical assistance to applicable TRP staff and subgrantee partners and troubleshoot issues to ensure effective grants management in support of program goals
• Maintain required records, reports, and files in an organized manner
• Stay informed of key trends, reports, and studies related to COVID19 relief efforts that are relevant to TRP’s mission and scope of work
• Maintain required job skills and core professional competencies
Perform other duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of TRP
• Willingness to meet the high standards of the organization
• Possess strong interpersonal skills that excel in cultural sensitivity and respect for differences
• Strong people skills with ability to build relationships and achieve results with others in a cross-functional team environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills
• Ability to identify process improvements
• Background in government and intermediary contract management and fundraising strategies
• Strong skills in project management, writing and editing
• Strong computing skills, with mastery of Microsoft Office
• Accounting, financial analysis, and/or legal sector experience a plus
• Spanish-speaking a plus
• Must be able to work some evenings
• Ability to drive and travel occasionally within city and suburbs
The Resurrection Project (TRP) has grown to become a powerful and effective social enterprise that seamlessly blends community development, community organizing, and advocacy with human service delivery to create vibrant, healthier, and…